feeling fed up

Options
Why am i not losing weight? Im eating within my calorie goal and doing light work outs .... but no weight loss! Feeling very fed up!

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    We're gonna need a lot more information! Stats (height, weight, calorie amount, goal weight), how long you've been doing it, exercise regime, and opening your diary will help (go to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings and set your diary to public).
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you lost weight? Are you logging everything you eat and using a food scale? Do you eat back some/all of your exercise calories, and how do you determine those? We need more information to determine why.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?
  • almquest35
    almquest35 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ok ive opened my diary
  • almquest35
    Options
    I do the 7 minute workout 3 to 4 times a week twice over.. i also walk my dog
  • DemoraFairy
    Options
    almquest35 wrote: »
    Ok ive opened my diary

I still can't view it :S Also still need to know the answers to the other questions!
  • kayeiam
    kayeiam Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Your food diary is not open... to open it, click food tab, then click settings (way over to the right at top), then scroll down and change diary settings to public for us all to see it. Thanks
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Ok ive opened my diary

No, you haven't.
  • almquest35
    Options
    Oh i went into settings and put it as public
  • almquest35
    Options
    I log everything i eat and alchohol i drink ...i eat the same whatever i excersise.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Your profile shows you have very little weight to lose and are already half way there. How long have you stayed at the current weight? are you sure you are not just hoping to lose faster than it is reasonable and feeling disappointed?
  • almquest35
    Options
    i havnt lost anything since i last weighed in i was 9stone 11 but i have gone back up to 9stone 13....
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    How long since you last lost weight?
  • DemoraFairy
    Options
    i havnt lost anything since i last weighed in i was 9stone 11 but i have gone back up to 9stone 13....

How long ago was that?
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Also, you still haven't answered the questions you were asked above re height, weight, etc etc.

I see a lot of gaps in your diary, it also appears that you are not using food scales but rather estimating amounts. Like the 100g banana, was it actually 100g or did you just assume it was and choose that from the database? So much room for error with estimates.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    are you logging EVERYTHING you eat, because if you are, youre not eating enough and causing your body a lot of harm.

now, my guess would be that you are not logging everything, and are in fact eating more than you THINK. your diary seems very incomplete. WEIGH your food- get a scale. don't estimate, dont use package weights. i seriously doubt you can eyeball the perfect ' half a can of beans' (which sounds dreadful; but hey, if you like it LOL)
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You don't have alot to lose, and so must log and weigh everything on a digital scale. Also it's good to log your fluids--8 glasses of water a day min. Do this for a couple of weeks and see if it helps. :)
  • almquest35
    Options
    Im sorry for being thick im new to this ! Im 5ft 3 and i weigh 9stone 13.... i wanna be 9 stone ! This must be the problem i dont weigh stuff !
  • almquest35
    Options
    I eat 1500 cals a day sometimes a lot less i think
  • DemoraFairy
    Options
    Im sorry for being thick im new to this ! Im 5ft 3 and i weigh 9stone 13.... i wanna be 9 stone ! This must be the problem i dont weigh stuff !

Not weighing stuff is definitely a problem, get a food scale! You could be surprised how much you're actually eating.

You also still haven't told us how long since you last weighed in.