Foods to eat to trim belly fat?

Options
2»

Replies

• cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    ETA: Freelee the banana girl isn't a source and is not a clinical trial or study.

Who? Anyway... Like I said, DYOR ;)

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    heartpie wrote: »
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

No foods target belly fat. No exercises target belly fat. Belly fat is just like all the rest of your body fat and your genetics will decide for you where it comes off.

thanks for the link usmcmp, I'm already on low calorie diet and strength training, but can't see any actual results....any guess?
    Chances are your expectations are too high and that if you've got little to lose, the body fights reducing body fat down to lower levels.
    There are lots of variables and not enough info to know.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    cloggsy71 wrote: »
    ETA: Freelee the banana girl isn't a source and is not a clinical trial or study.

Would you be willing to post some studies you have read that demonstrate your point? This could help a lot of immensely.

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

You made a claim that 10% protein and 80% carbs would help her reach her goals. We're just asking for some science on how it would help. Most of us tend to offer suggestions based on research, so we would like to see studies that it would be helpful for her goals and not counterproductive.
  • cdlee05
    cdlee05 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    adowe wrote: »
    Miracle food?? no such thing.

You can't spot reduce fat.
    All you can do is eat a caloric deficit - meet your macros and micros - and lose overall body fat.

X2
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    A high carb (80%), low fat (10%), low protein (10%) vegan diet will help! ;)

10% protein? That's enough to spare muscles? On the average person?

More that enough. But please do your own research - I switched from full blown 'omnivore' to a Vegan diet last October & I haven't looked back since. Loads of energy, no more 'feeling sluggish' etc.

It's working for me anyway ;)

7783365118_ceac1b72a7_z.jpg?w=470&h=362