52 yr young with chronic pain starting today

Options
Hi everyone-
With 2020 hindsight, it was due to spine issues, that I have spent most of my life avoiding movement because of the pain involved, and hence have always been heavy. My neck collapsed on me 5 years ago. Then I spent 18 months bedridden and 4 years housebound recovering which put on an additional 100 lbs. You think the small amount of movement you do isn't effective? Just try and be immobile for a few weeks. You won't believe how fast the weight comes on. Thankfully, I met a wonderful physical therapist who taught me exercises I COULD do and not exacerbate my pain and I am up and walking again and I just finished a 3 month roadtrip through 4 states to catch up with family & friends and celebrate my ability to even do it!
Now, looking forward, I need to lose about 150 lbs to prevent further surgeries and more pain. It will be very difficult due to my physical limitations, inability to use my hands/arms much or walk very far. But I am encouraged by what I see here. I was referred to this website by a local MD. Thank you for reading.

Replies