Stalled weight at 1200 calories!

Options
13»

Replies

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comments once again. Now I am week 3 and still stalled!!! No weight change at all since Fe. 25th and then it was only 0.2 of a lb. This is getting frustrating. I have begun measuring and weighing everything and can't see that it is making any difference.

When I was stalled, I asked specifically for experience with stalls in regards to how long they last. One of the resident forum gurus came on and shared that with his female clients, they can last anywhere from 3-6 weeks.

It is really frustrating, but don't be discouraged. One of the pieces of advice he gave me was to try cutting my carbs by 25-50 grams to see if that helped. If you're hungry, make sure that you're eating enough fat and protein. They're more satiating than carbs.

The nice thing about a stall is that when it ends, the scale drop is usually VERY gratifying.

Hang in there, and keep working to really ensure that your calorie counting is as accurate as can be.

• sundevil17
    Options
    The plateu effect happens when you restrict your calorie intake because you will lower your Resting Energy Expenditure (REE). So yes, you have a lower energy intake, but now the energy required to perform daily life functions is all down. In other words, you've slowed down your metabolism. I highly encourage you to increase your calorie intake again and start incorporating more exercise into your routine. I know people want weight loss as fast as possible, but making this along term journey is the only way to lose weight and keep it off.
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Are you doing any weights??? I wonder if you are just building some muscle since it weighs more than fat.

Doubtful. :) Muscle does not weigh the same as fat, it just takes up less pace. In other words, a pound of at weighs the same as a pound of fat. :)
    Muscle doesn't take up less space than fat - a square inch of muscle is the same volume as a square inch of fat. ;)

Here's the thing, though - I understood what you meant. Just as most thinking people understand that, when someone says that muscle weighs more than fat, that they mean at a given volume.
  • B01JHen
    B01JHen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support - guess what?? - I reweighed this AM and I am down 1 entire pound!! I am very happy with that.

I know my metabolism is slowed and think it has stayed that way since my hospitalization as I used to be able to eat more. However, even adding exercise a year ago didn't help - and when I took in about 300 -500 more calories per day I was gaining 1-2 pounds a month - that is what got me 10 lbs over where I want to be. In other words, in 14 months post-hospital stay I gained 21 pounds (11 lost in hospital plus an additional 10). So I don't dare add calories or I will start going back up!!!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I hope this is the start of a continuous downward trend.
  • Nouraalmansoorii
    Options
    So i have to eat less or more than 1200? And yes i do excireses at the gym for 1 hour 4-5 time a week