Type 2 Diabetes/Trying to get weight in check

hlpmelos
hlpmelos Posts: 13 Member
I have had type 2 diabetes for years, but have been able to control it with diet.. I have lost control of my eating habits and need help to get back on track.. My a1c is up to 8.8 and my doctor is sending me to an endocrinologist here in April.. I kept telling him that I could do it without medication as I have been on several and have had issues.. I don't want to have to take medication again, but he said he would not be a good doctor, if he kept letting this go, so he is sending me to another doctor to try and help me.. He told me about this website and I have been tracking what I eat and it has been an eye opener.. Even when I feel I am watching what I am eating, I am over my calories per day, that I should be eating by 1000 + calories.. It is hard though to really put down exactly what you are eating because not everything you eat is listed.. You can come close, but the sodium and carbs are different in each item that you choose.. This is my 3rd day logging my food and so far I have not gone over, but it is still early and I still have dinner to eat and only 353 calories left.. I am hungry now.. I don't know how I am going to make it through today without going over.
I don't only have myself to think about, I have my 14 year old daughter and my husband.. If I keep eating the way I have been (in denial), then I won't be here very long.. My husbands father died due to complications of diabetes.. He was having a stent put in for dialysis and he had a heart attack and never woke up.. I think about that every day, but it still doesn't motivate me to eat right. I need help.

Replies

• fish2find
    fish2find Posts: 221 Member
    I sent you a request, Im also a type 2 and have been doing pretty well with support and information Ive learned from this community. And my docs of coarse.
  • adkwolf
    adkwolf Posts: 2
    Hi. I was diagosed typue II in jan. I was on asthma med that pushed gpucose extremely high. Have gotten it under control now, but could use support on this journey as well
  • carisadepew
    carisadepew Posts: 17 Member
    I've just been diagnosed with Type II but no meds. So I'm new to this.
  • truelight_photo_craig
    truelight_photo_craig Posts: 347 Member
    Diagnosed type 2 in 2001 and sloughed it off for years. Got tired of injectable meds and feeling crappy so I got off my butt and did something about it. Down 100 pounds, no more injectable insulin, a1c is 5.9 and I feel great! It can be done if you're willing to do the work! Any of you folks want to add me, feel free!
  • aginn100
    aginn100 Posts: 1 Member
    I was recently diagnosed. I would love some friend request.
  • GemmaMcErlean
    GemmaMcErlean Posts: 7 Member
    Recently diagnosed too! Trying to get everything under control is harder than it sounds.
  • sstrack123
    sstrack123 Posts: 171 Member
    I am not diabetic but lost my mother to diabetes and my precious dog has it. Just trying to keep my risk down as it runs in family. Anyone can add me who has open diary