am i eating the right stuff to achieve weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• ChrisThornes
    ChrisThornes Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    If you are staying within the goals set, calories and minimum protein, I'd say you are set. See what the scale tells you and adjust accordingly. People are so individual in their tastes I'm not sure how the open diaries will help you. I had pizza last night, thin crust, that I have every Thursday. I fit it in. Some days lunch is just soup and crackers. It's what my tastes are saying that day. As long as I eat in a deficit I continue to lose weight.

yeah your right... thank you
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    deksgrl wrote: »
    i weighed myself for the first time today in a week and a half i lost 8 lbs since i started so far. why does the MFP goals go up when my activity and weight changed?

Do you mean when you log exercise?
    MFP calculates your needed calories without exercise. This is so you would lose weight without exercising. When you do exercise, it adds more calories for you to eat to account for that exercise for fuel.

i updated my goals because my lifestyle has changed im more active than i use to be and when that happened i noticed the goals raised. i dont exercise i just get my activity at work on my feet all day and loading and unloading luggage.

When you are more active, you need more food.

TDEE means Total Daily Energy Expenditure. This is the amount of calories to keep you alive, and to fuel all of your activity throughout the day including sleeping, work, exercise, everything. If you eat this amount of calories, you would not gain or lose weight, it is also called "maintenance". When you increase your activity, you increase your TDEE, the amount of calorie energy you need. When you decrease your activity, you decrease your TDEE.