Shrimp Recipe

Options
KJGrimm
KJGrimm Posts: 6 Member
I am looking for an easy and delicious shrimp recipe for 2 tonight!

Replies

• Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    The most simplest I use is:

Boil a pot of water with some Zatarains Crab Boil or some Old Bay. Put the shrimp in until they turn pink (just a few mins). There you have it.

I usually cook mine outside on a Coleman stove or on my grills side burner. This keeps the house from smelling like a shrimp boil; for 3 days! lol

• aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    any ways of cooking shrimp inside without stinking up the house?
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I normally saute mine in oil with garlic, lemon and old bay. Another option is to skewer and grill them. But with this I tend to baste with something so they won't be dry.

My favorite is with pasta. I saute shrimp with garlic, a green onion minced small, and seasoning. I add chicken broth and lemon juice. Reduce. If I have calories, I add a small amount of cream and Parmesan. Serve with pasta.

I've wanted to try shrimp patties but I haven't.

The other day, I tried zataran's shrimp creole. It was very good and easy. Served with rice. Sodium was high but overall the calories were low.

Good luck.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    My favorite is just shrimp with avocado and a bit of mayo. Or shrimp fried rice.

I guess it depends if they are precooked or not though.
  • katrinapri
    katrinapri Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I love making tacos or fajitas with them. Or simply putting them on a salad. I season them with Cajun or old bay seasoning and sometimes creole.