Why am I so snappy :-( all I wanna do is eat :-(

Options
13»

Replies

• nataliejenkins123
    nataliejenkins123 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I did carb cycling last year for a couple of months and I found it was affecting my mood. I was eating about 1500 calories a day and I wasn't hungry, but I got really tired. Of course, my baby was only 4 months old then so I was tired anyway so it probably wasn't the best time to do

I'd increase your calories a bit and make sure you get lots of protein. I bought quest bars to have as snacks, and had lots of tuna, chicken, ham etc.
    My baby is 6 months and doesn't sleep so lack of sleep is prob a major factor myself too!!! I'm not a big bread or pasta person but am going to try to eat more protein too :-)

Good idea! It's hard when you're tired anyway, but lower carbs doesn't help! My baby is 10 months now and still wakes in the night.

I used to make a big omelette for breakfast, or have scrambled eggs and ham, and snack on babybel lights, nuts, quest bars, cottage cheese etc. I'd have a big tuna salad for lunch and dinner would be chicken/fish and loads of veg. To be honest, this is pretty much how I still eat, except I have fruit and rice cakes/crackers, and a slice of toast with breakfast.
    Dawnie b can I add you?
    Are you in uk?
    I eat slim rice and noodles they are under 20 calories a pack and zero carbs... I add a bit of sauce and chicken breast or tuna etc and eat them as main meal but I live porridge... I eat that for dinner with almond milk but I'm not a breakfast person and find nuts high in calories!!!
    Have you made omlette from just egg white? Xx

Of course you can, and yes I'm in the UK.

I sometimes buy liquid egg whites and I used to add them to omelette/scrambled egg for more protein without the added fat from the yolk, but I still used eggs too. You can make omelette just from egg whites if you want to.

Nuts are high in calories so you can't eat many. I was aiming for 1500 calories though so I sometimes needed something like nuts to boost my calories a bit.
    what are quest bars??

I'm on 1200 which I go under in the week but weekends are my downfall and blinkin white chocolate!!!!
    If I nailed my weekend im sure Id see results quicker!!!
    Eggs constipate me and I have enough trouble going as it is ha ha so I have been avoiding them... I'm even thinkin about actual whey protein and making low carb cookies from that!! I love a treat see!!!
    cj94404 wrote: »
    When I was actively losing weight on low carb I was around 80 carbs a day. That lasted about 2 months but it wasn't sustainable. And I don't like processed foods so low carb prepackaged options grossed me out. I think 180 is a very healthy number. That allows for a lot of balance and variety.

But if you need just 10 pounds and you are not a yo-yo weight gain/loser, sounds like you have a good plan.

• nataliejenkins123
    Options
    Do you think so??? That's great!! I could drop lower but I'm a swine for a treat!!! I can't do ready made or pre packed either but I love a good salad and that's the majority of the food I eat... Until I started looking into carbs I never realised how many foods its in!!!!
    Maybe when I get my flat stomach I will up it and be more comfortable with a maintenance of around 180!
  • jdingus728
    jdingus728 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am the same way. I just started my diet on Friday the 13th and I feel this is going to be impossible to lose the 100 lbs that I want. I am only 24 and my doctor said I'm having problems what my sugar. Diabetes runs in my family and I want to steer clear of it. Any suggestions? I'm counting calories and eating better and I also bought a treadmill yesterday but I just feel like it's impossible. But I did lose 4 lbs since seeing the doctor on friday. My problem is the eating, I want pizza or chips or candy but I haven't had any of those.
  • nataliejenkins123
    Options
    jdingus728 wrote: »
    Hello, I am the same way. I just started my diet on Friday the 13th and I feel this is going to be impossible to lose the 100 lbs that I want. I am only 24 and my doctor said I'm having problems what my sugar. Diabetes runs in my family and I want to steer clear of it. Any suggestions? I'm counting calories and eating better and I also bought a treadmill yesterday but I just feel like it's impossible. But I did lose 4 lbs since seeing the doctor on friday. My problem is the eating, I want pizza or chips or candy but I haven't had any of those.

Add me as a friend if you like?!! I used to be 17 stone but have kept it off for years now and I'm even smaller after having 2 kids than ive ever been!!!
    As for the whole sugar and diabetic topic im afraid I'm not in the know!!! I'm low carb to lose belly fat!!
    Do you walk much? Give yourself time! I started losing by walking my dog... It dropped off me x