Size 0, 8 years later.

Options
Ellaskat
Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
Until I hit about age 29, I was always naturally a size 0. I could eat an entire pie and not gain weight. My oh my how things have changed. I'm now 37. At my biggest, I was either an 8 or a 10, not sure which. For the past 8 years, I've held onto clothes that I love, even though I doubted if I'd ever wear them again. And you know, I wasn't sad about it. I mean, I have a totally different body than I did then.

This morning, I was getting ready for a networking event, something I never do, and I was trying to figure out what to wear. Last time I needed to look nice I tried on a size 4 skirt I love, and felt it was too tight across the thighs. So I didn't wear it. Today, I thought it might fit so I tried it on again. IT WAS TOO BIG!!!!! OMG!!!!!!

So, I start looking for something else to try on, and I see this skirt- size 0- which I had completely given up on ever wearing again. I really didn't think it would fit, but I thought, hey, let's try it on, see how close to fitting it is.

IT FIT PEFECTLY!!!!! I can not tell you how amazing it felt to wear this skirt again!!! I know I've lost weight, and even more inches, but I still feel like I have a lot of fat to lose and then muscle to tone. I mean, I weigh 137! I'm not 100 pounds or something!

Until I put this skirt on, I don't think I was really seeing my body. I loved how my body looked so much the last time I was able to wear this skirt. It's so nice to be here again- and so much faster than I expected!!!!

Best day on this journey so far. I haven't been able to wear this skirt since before I was married. I can't wait for my husband to come home and see me in it. Instant time warp for us both!

Replies

• Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! Congratulations on all of your hard work!
  • larsivy
    larsivy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congratulations ! How tall are you?
  • Ellaskat
    Options
    I'm about 5'6.
  • Ellaskat
    Options
    This was such a major achievement for me. Pretty bummed that only 2 people here cared to give me some support. Wow. Thought this group of over 500 people who viewed were nicer than that. Guess you have to have a huge amount to lose in order for your success to be valid.
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Ellaskat wrote: »
    This was such a major achievement for me. Pretty bummed that only 2 people here cared to give me some support. Wow. Thought this group of over 500 people who viewed were nicer than that. Guess you have to have a huge amount to lose in order for your success to be valid.

Your story is great. People tend to respond more when there are pictures, I think. No need to be bitter about it, your victories are your own, they do not belong to an internet message board.

• never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Ellaskat wrote: »

A simple bump would have worked better.

I was going to post congrats because you have done amazing things for yourself, but this post makes me feel as though you still have some things to work on. Insulting a faceless group does nothing but make you look petty.

Well done on your NSV....
  • Ellaskat
    edited March 2015
    Options
    this board is about acknowledging your own successes, and about having the support of the group in those successes. I was pretty bummed out that 500+ people looked and only 2 cared to say 'nice job'. That's not me being bitter, that's me noticing that apparently my successes are not seen as worthy of congratulations by trhe group, and i think that's pretty crappy.
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    And I think you're being overly dramatic. Carry on.
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I look at a lot of posts, but don't comment... I hate using my crappy phone keyboard - it has nothing to do with the posts. Well done OP. Please don't be upset by the silent majority, we're just living our lives.
  • lmbs1966
    lmbs1966 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I say congrats to you, well done. I think subversive 99 is right though, people respond more when they can see the before and after pics, I think it inspires them more.
    smile:
  • vicharello
    vicharello Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A job well done
  • cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    And now I feel obligated to post something... Good job on your NSV. Maybe need some introspection on the other issue, though...
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Indeed...Im even hesitant to even say anything now that you've turned all hostile.

Regardless...that is a wonderful NSV..definitely something to be proud about.

But yeah, getting emotional over your response rate, not cool.
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others.
    Confucius
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You should definitely be very proud of yourself. I agree with others - it's hard to really envision the transformation without photos sometimes, so I do tend to comment more on those posts with photos. It's not that I'm not happy for you - I am! - but when there are so many new posts each day it can be hard to comment on them all. I wish there was a "Like" button on here like there is on our feeds, so people could more quickly offer support/encouragement to some degree.
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That must have felt great!

If no one else comments, it's me. Not you. I'm a real thread killer for some reason.

So will someone else comment quickly so I don't feel bad for killing this thread for the OP??
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Let's forget about the past comment and put the focus back on the original post. It's important not to let any feelings get mixed in with the original good feeling of success. (*)
  • vvallentyne
    vvallentyne Posts: 77 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    :)
  • Umm89
    Umm89 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    rayw89 wrote: »
    Let's forget about the past comment and put the focus back on the original post. It's important not to let any feelings get mixed in with the original good feeling of success. (*)

:) best comment ever!
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Well done! especially as you are not in your 20s anymore :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!