Will weight continue to drop?

Options
i began about 8 weeks ago and am very satisfied with the results. I have plenty still to lose but averaging 2+ pounds loss per week. My "thingy" :) was set to 1 pound a week, but I have eaten at a deficit that is averaging 2 pounds. If I continue to eat this way will the weight loss still average 2 pounds or will that finally slow down ? Thanks

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    yes it will, as you lose weight you need less calories it's inevitable... unless of course you are exercising as well...keeping muscle etc.

As well with only 50lbs to go I would eat to lose 1lb a week that way you aren't hungry, feeling deprived and possibly falling off the wagon and going back to "old habits"
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Well, your TDEE will slowly lower as you lose weight. So your deficit will slowly get smaller as you lose weight. Eventually it will probably not be possible to even continue with 2lbs per week loss unless you eat at really low/unhealthy calorie goals.

So yes, it does eventually slow down.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I consistently lost 4lbs a week for 9 weeks. Week 10 and it's slowed down. I never expected the 4lbs loss to start with so I was happy.
  • butbygrace206
    butbygrace206 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for answering. I haven't lessen my calories yet because I've been eating under anyway. I do exercise, minimally, but do not log it. Don't want to be tempted to eat my calories back.
    I was hoping to lose another 30 pounds by June :). Will give it my best.