I'm pretty fed up with never being able to have a flat stomach.

Options
2»

Replies

• julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Google bodybuilding "stomach vacuum".

No just No.
    What types of foods do you eat, Julian? I find that certain foods make my belly fat....almost immediately. I've been carb cycling and eliminated all simple sugars and it has made a big difference. Maybe there is a food that your body reacts to. Just a thought. Don't feel down- looks like your doing all the right things.

More no.

OP, how tall are you and how much do you weigh?
    Are you still losing weight?
    I see you lost 72 lbs, is the any of what appears to be loose skin in that area?
    When you say you train all muscle groups are you talking about a split routine you put together yourself or did you choose a pre designed program?

I'm 6ft 3, I weigh 202lbs, some of it could be loose skin, but some is definitely fat I'm almost positive that I can tell the difference. I have a split routine that I do for legs and shoulders, chest and tris and back and bis.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options

No just No.
    What types of foods do you eat, Julian? I find that certain foods make my belly fat....almost immediately. I've been carb cycling and eliminated all simple sugars and it has made a big difference. Maybe there is a food that your body reacts to. Just a thought. Don't feel down- looks like your doing all the right things.

More no.

I see you lost 72 lbs, is the any of what appears to be loose skin in that area?
    When you say you train all muscle groups are you talking about a split routine you put together yourself or did you choose a pre designed program?

I'm 6ft 3, I weigh 202lbs, some of it could be loose skin, but some is definitely fat I'm almost positive that I can tell the difference. I have a split routine that I do for legs and shoulders, chest and tris and back and bis.

So, isolated muscle groups? Are you doing any compound lifts, or just doing a machine circuit?

You may want to check out a free weight program like Stronglifts 5x5 or New Rules of Lifting.

And, I will also second PP's comment about posture. My belly will probably never be perfectly flat (After the third baby, my abdominal skin was basically like, "f you, I'm not going back!") but I noticed a HUGE difference in how I looked after just a few weeks of deadlifts..they really strengthened my lower back and I definitely stand and sit straighter now...which looks leaner immediately!
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »

No just No.

More no.

So, isolated muscle groups? Are you doing any compound lifts, or just doing a machine circuit?

You may want to check out a free weight program like Stronglifts 5x5 or New Rules of Lifting.

And, I will also second PP's comment about posture. My belly will probably never be perfectly flat (After the third baby, my abdominal skin was basically like, "f you, I'm not going back!") but I noticed a HUGE difference in how I looked after just a few weeks of deadlifts..they really strengthened my lower back and I definitely stand and sit straighter now...which looks leaner immediately!

I do compound movements regularly, I realised quite quickly that these were more effective at building muscle and strength. I add in some isolation exercises for arms and calves because they are so difficult to grow with me. I do deadlifts, I do squats, I do military press, etc etc etc. My posture has improved immensley and my waist is smaller, the problem is there is this layer of fat around my abdomen that is really getting me down! I've never been able to have that lean stomach (I'm not even suggesting abs), I think its the only physique goal I really want to achieve right now!
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »

No just No.

More no.

I do compound movements regularly, I realised quite quickly that these were more effective at building muscle and strength. I add in some isolation exercises for arms and calves because they are so difficult to grow with me. I do deadlifts, I do squats, I do military press, etc etc etc. My posture has improved immensley and my waist is smaller, the problem is there is this layer of fat around my abdomen that is really getting me down! I've never been able to have that lean stomach (I'm not even suggesting abs), I think its the only physique goal I really want to achieve right now!

In that case, read the "so you want a nice stomach" pinned post at the top of this forum and keep plugging away! Bellies are tough to get down, and definition even tougher to achieve. Rapid loss of LOTS of weight may leave you with skin that will always be loose, but as you are young and male (ergo, no childbearing stretch) you may do better than some of us. (looks down and grumbles)