new and looking for input

Options
Hi All

My weight is 135 @ 5.6’ height-I’m a 47yr female. My problem area is around just below the waist belly button area.

My goal is to lose it but want to firm and flatten with muscle the abs area.

I was on a combination of insanity and BBL workout schedule for 8 weeks. Taking in about 1200-1300 cal a day. Up to week 6wks no real fat lose results-- but my muscles were getting some tone and strength in legs butt and high waist. so I reduced cal intake to about 950-1000. Assumed about at least 339 cal burned each day exercising (energy was an issue for the insanity workout days). Last Thursday after about week and a half of doing this I weighed in at 130- so lost five pounds and lost almost 1 inch around the waist. After the weekend on Mon however I weighed in at 134-but don’t seem to have gained the lost inch back. I can only tell by how the clothes fit so it’s a little confusing. The calorie tool on this website really helped me identify that on weekends I am slipping by too much cal food intake and also I average about three to five alcohol drinks total over the weekend (wine with dinner or rum and seltzer) each drink is about 50-125 cal each so I didn’t assume it would hurt. But coupled with one high calorie meal on same day (cheeseburger etc) I think this is what is blocking my results. What do you think? I was under the impression taking a day off each week would not hurt results. I am thinking now to raise the cal intake to 1300 by incorporating protein shakes which will also add protein that I know I am not getting more than 20-30 percent otherwise, hoping to increase some muscle to cause more fat lost. Now do I also have to totally abstain from alcohol on the weekends? Or can I just be more strict about the one bad meal each Friday and Saturday when dining out?

Also I will be going to just doing another 4 weeks of BBL workout schedule as I think the insanity is too hard right now to keep up with until I’m stronger 

Am I doing this right?

Please advise thoughts—looking for some input from anyone who has had this similar experience during their journey 