Hydroxycut?

Options
Does hydroxycut really work? Has anyone else used it and got success?

Replies

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    It doesn't.

It says to use in conjunction with calorie restriction and exercise. So what's really working? The pill or the diet/exercise?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Previous versions worked, but they also caused kidney damage. They were pulled from shelves and reformulated to remove the ingredients that cause kidney damage, which then made them not effective.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Junk
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    They work to reduce your wallet.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    no-2.gif
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Does hydroxycut really work? Has anyone else used it and got success?

Don't make weight loss anymore complicated than it is...when in fact it's very simple. The hardest part is patience and fad diets and solutions prey on this.
  • cruciia
    cruciia Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    A male friend of mine from the US recommended them to me as it helped him lose 5-10kg I believe, and you could tell. I bought them in Australia, and they did nothing more to me than increase my energy levels. Maybe he had an earlier version like the others are saying above, but it was only a few months ago. It works differently for everyone, I guess.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Avoid
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Most diet pills are little more than legal speed. You may actually lose weight while taking them, but if you don't make lifelong changes, you will gain it back.
  • JohnnyLawless
    Options
    Not really. Virtually every diet pill on the market is nothing more than an attempt to recreate the effects of the ECA Stack, which *is* fairly effective, but can be dangerous if you have clotting or cardiac issues. However, it's still a *supplement,* which means that it can only increase the effectiveness of an already-solid diet that would work anyway, and only increase it by about ~10%.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • Azexas
    Options
    Not really. Virtually every diet pill on the market is nothing more than an attempt to recreate the effects of the ECA Stack, which *is* fairly effective, but can be dangerous if you have clotting or cardiac issues. However, it's still a *supplement,* which means that it can only increase the effectiveness of an already-solid diet that would work anyway, and only increase it by about ~10%.

An ECA stack to my knowledge is ephedra and caffeine. Last I checked ephedra was still illegal. At least In the usa.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    If ANY of those supplements worked no one would be overweight. It's a shameless money grab.
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

An ECA stack to my knowledge is ephedra and caffeine. Last I checked ephedra was still illegal. At least In the usa.

It's certainly not illegal in Canada and Google says it's available in the USA under the trade name of Bronkaid. Also ECA is ephedrine, caffeine, and aspirin.

I don't know why the original poster of the ECA info is getting flagged. They provided reasonable information and don't seem to be advocating for its use.
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options

Nope it's easy to get, and perfectly legal. It's just behind the pharmacy counter like psidophedrine is.
  • Azexas
    Options

Nope it's easy to get, and perfectly legal. It's just behind the pharmacy counter like psidophedrine is.

I guess my information was wrong. Mayoclinic had an article from 2013 that said ephedrine like alkaloids were illegal and had ephedra listed with it. May be outdated information.
  • never2bstopped
    Options

I guess my information was wrong. Mayoclinic had an article from 2013 that said ephedrine like alkaloids were illegal and had ephedra listed with it. May be outdated information.

It is bronkaid which is ephedrine. This is what ephedra is derived from.

If you chose to use it please make sure you stay hydrated!!!
  • Azexas
    Options

I hate using my Mobil for research lol

But from what I've read it's legal but they limit the quantity you can buy and they limit the amount of ephedra allowed in the product. Some states may still have a ban on it but with my mobile I didn't want to kill my data looking over which states. That's probably where I was mistaken. The side effects on it make me really nervous, but that's just me.

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    lauracups wrote: »
    If ANY of those supplements worked no one would be overweight. It's a shameless money grab.

^^This.

Whenever some new fad diet or pill comes out, that's my first thought. It's sad that so many people fall for these schemes.

• never2bstopped
    Options

I hate using my Mobil for research lol

But from what I've read it's legal but they limit the quantity you can buy and they limit the amount of ephedra allowed in the product. Some states may still have a ban on it but with my mobile I didn't want to kill my data looking over which states. That's probably where I was mistaken. The side effects on it make me really nervous, but that's just me.

It's limited the same way psidophedrine is, and for the same reason, it can and is used to make some illegal drugs. Just like any drug, you have to weigh the side effects against what it gives you and make a choice.

Ps... in men it is known to cause issues with being able to perform.