not eating on a night shift . bad?

Options
So i am a night worker as from other forum i have. Working midnights on regular basis.
on night shift I only have a cup of coffee once and glasses of water throughout the shift to keep me going.
in day time only eat 2 meals and a small snack of fruit in evening before going to work.

Questions is the not eating on night shift bad? as i dont feel at all like eating, stomach feels grosss if i eat anything, and my energy levels are good.

am i screwing my metabolism? i figure by always eating just in day time, i keep food rythym on regular schedule always, no changes.

suggestions and thoughts please.

Replies

• futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    It's fine. Total calories, and total nutrition, are still important. But WHEN you actually eat, that is up to you and how you feel you work best.
  • KickinIt23
    KickinIt23 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    So i am a night worker as from other forum i have. Working midnights on regular basis.
    on night shift I only have a cup of coffee once and glasses of water throughout the shift to keep me going.
    in day time only eat 2 meals and a small snack of fruit in evening before going to work.

Questions is the not eating on night shift bad? as i dont feel at all like eating, stomach feels grosss if i eat anything, and my energy levels are good.

am i screwing my metabolism? i figure by always eating just in day time, i keep food rythym on regular schedule always, no changes.

suggestions and thoughts please.

You should try to eat but if you eat your other meals, then it isn't the worst to not eat. Perhaps a well balanced snack like cheese and crackers or peanut butter and crackers.
    Hope this helps.