Im so hungry

Options
I just started myfitness, and I'm on day 4. My goal is to lose 30 lbs. I'm 5'7 and weigh 175 I'm supposed to eat 1400 calories a day. I must say I'm doing a pretty good job so far. Only my second day, I went over by 300. But I'm starving, this doesn't feel great. Im eating all I within the food pyramid and using wheat and brown rice, and at times I feel full but I feel like this isn't normal, and Ive lost lots of weight before and didn't feel like this. What should I do?

Replies

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    What did you set as your goal? 2 lbs per week? With 30 to lose, I would set it at 1.5 probably, and that would give you an extra 250 calories a day, so you won't be starving. Also, take a look at the calories of the various items you are eating, and eat more of the items that have less calories for more volume, less of the more calorie dense options. Larger servings of veggies & lean protein, less rice...
  • kp3868
    kp3868 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You may try eating protein rich foods. Chicken, turkey, fish. I always try to add green in there too. Spinach is my green of choice. This helps you stay fuller longer and fuels your body to burn fat and preserve muscle! Add a protein shake at mid morning ND afternoon. This should help some! I like muscle milk 100 or Pure Protein.. 100 calorie per shake!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    What did you set your goal loss per week? It sounds like you're aiming for 2 pounds a week, and that's too much when you have 30 pounds to lose. I would reset your goal to 1 pound/week and see what it gives you.

I'm 5'3" and losing on 1500ish so you should be able to eatich more :) Also, you'll feel fuller with lots of proteins and fats. Veggies help you fill up too!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    If you're exercising, make sure you eat some of those calories back.

I did 1400 calories awhile back when I was heavier, I wasn't that hungry. I found ways to eat high volume/low calorie with lots of vegetables and protein.
  • nataliepelz
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I do eat a lot of lean chicken and I also add greens daily including spinach, kale, brocolli, and dark green leafy salad.
    I'll try and change my weight loss settings
  • cdunn211
    cdunn211 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this too. This is my first week back on the horse after taking a break for a while. It is always hardest in the beginning until your body adjusts.

For me, it was all about figuring out the timing of my meals. If I eat breakfast first thing in the morning, im starving by lunch. I try to implement a healthy snack in between my meals to curb the hunger.

Also, this may sound lame, but one trick that works for me is sipping on hot tea or coffee when im hungry and its not meal time yet. It tides me over until I'm ready to spend more calories. Also, make sure you're drinking a lot of water!
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I do eat a lot of lean chicken and I also add greens daily including spinach, kale, brocolli, and dark green leafy salad.
    I'll try and change my weight loss settings

Remember, you can eat more if you exercise. :smile:
  • wildtxn
    wildtxn Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of Spaghetti Squash on days i'm feeling a bit more starving than usual. It's a really low cal/low carb option about 42cal per cup. just halve it, pull the seeds out and bake it at 375 for about 45 minutes, let cool then scoop out the insides. Really good in place of actual spaghetti as well for low cal meal with a bit of marinara on top of it.