Weekends?

I'm on week 1 of my healthier journey (for real this time.) Haha
Normally I do well during the week but I'm finding I fall off the healthy-eating-wagon on the weekends. Do any of you have tips on ways to create healthier habits on my days off?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Pre-log your days and stay the course!
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    I never have to go crazy on weekends because I can have what I want at any time, within my calorie goals.

What exactly do you mean by "eating healthier"? People have different definitions...is your current way of eating making you feel deprived?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Not sure why this would be a problem. If you want to eat "unhealthy" then just log portions that fit into your caloric needs? "Healthy" doesn't mean weight loss, it has no bearing on weight loss. Just eat sensible portions for the type of food you are eating.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Pre-log your days and stay the course!

This. I log my treats within my allowance (or not if I know I will make up for it later) that way I know I can enjoy what I want while still hitting my weekly goals. This usually means I can deny any unplanned treats that come along because I've already planned everything out.

• lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    If I have an event or night out planned I will often 'save up' calories during the week. The other week I had a friend's birthday dinner at a Turkish restaurant where I knew there would be massive amounts of shared food. I 'donated' 20 minutes of cardio from each day of the week leading up to friday so I had an extra 800 or so calories saved for the dinner on top of my daily allowance. Then I went on the restaurant website, looked at the menu and logged what I wanted to eat, and stuck to it on the night :) Weirdly, I ended up eating less than I thought I would! For regular weekends with no big events, I just treat it like any other day. If I get bored, I go to the gym :)