Weight Perspective

Options
This morning when I got on the scales and found my weight had dropped 74kg (down from 78, still a long way to get to my goal of 60kg) I was excited and quite pleased with myself. I FELT attractive.

I thought back quite a few months before I started my healthy lifestyle and remembered the feeling when I last saw that number on the scales. I felt big, clumbsy, depressed, fat, ugly etc… from weight that was slowly creaping up.

Seeing that same weight today heading in the opposite direction gave me a completely different perspective.

Replies

• bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    feels like victory, doesn't it?
  • mzjenn2u
    mzjenn2u Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Such an awesome feeling
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    it is weird how the mind works. I never felt that big when I was at my highest weight, just kinda decided it was time to take charge of it. I lost 40 lbs, gained a little back over christmas, and I felt huge even though I was still 30 lbs down from my highest weight, who knows...

keep going your on a roll
  • shroodle88
    shroodle88 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I felt terrible at my current weight. The the scales went up and up and those 62kg felt like a whistful memory. Today I am back at it and pleased as punch. A few more kilos to go until I will have regained my old weight and I can't believe how slim I must have been back then. Perhaps even even a tad skinny? How body image changes!