Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Why won't the scale budge?!?

ive been back on track for the past 2 months. I'm at the gym 6 days a week, eat at a deficit and make good choices when it comes to food. I'm not on a "diet" this is a lifestyle for me but the scale won't freakin budge. I look better, clothes fit better and measurements are down slightly but sometimes you just want the stupid number on the scale to move...just a little. Ok rant over. Thanks for listening.

Replies

• jnsullivan05
    jnsullivan05 Posts: 3 Member
    I had the same problem. I did a little research and found I was working out "too much". I added a extra rest day in per week and the scale started moving again. Not saying it will work for you but it did me.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited March 2015
    A good old rant feels good :smile:
    Are you logging accurately, measuring/weighing foods etc - I know you'll not want to hear this, but the biggest reason for weight stall is inaccurate food logging and eating more than we think :neutral_face:
    -
    At least you can see positive changes :smiley: Tweak your calories a bit and before you know it you will be losing weight.
    Wishing you all the best :smile:
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    nala3177 wrote: »
    I look better, clothes fit better and measurements are down slightly

Just going to highlight this bit for you, have a read of this a few times and then see if the scales not changing are really a problem.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    nala3177 wrote: »
    I look better, clothes fit better and measurements are down slightly

not sure what the problem is? a number is just a number. youre seeing results. thats more important than seeing a number go down with NO visible results.

that said, make sure you weigh your food. all of it.

• nala3177
    nala3177 Posts: 64 Member
    Thanks for the responses. I know changes are happening because there are improvements. I always weigh and measure all my food right down to creamers so that's not an issue but thanks for the reminder. It's just sometimes I put too much importance to that one particular number and need to complain to people who understand lol.
  • mhulgan
    mhulgan Posts: 101 Member
    I'm right where you are, and I understand your frustration! While I like how I look and even feel, it would be awfully nice to see the scale go down. Keep your good habits and focus on those non scale victories.
  • kellyrorie
    kellyrorie Posts: 47 Member
    I'm in the same boat. It's very frusterating. I just have to keep telling myself that I felt bad and now I feel good. I'll just keep going and trust the process because with all this effort, something WILL happen eventually!
  • margolinville
    margolinville Posts: 127 Member
    Sometimes I am the same number on the scale for 7 days. Then I drop a pound? Love that scale!! Love numbers going down for reward!