Gym gloves question

Options
blessybuva
blessybuva Posts: 44 Member
edited March 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi guys

Ive recently ordered some gym gloves and they just arrived today. I wasn't sure about my size so I bought a medium. I can pull them on fine and they feel ok apart from being a bit tight around my fingers. The strap doesn't go under my wrist, it's literally on the joint. I have no problems closing my hands completely but outstretching it makes them feel tight. My question is, are they too small? They weren't cheap and using them anyway just to see if they stretch isn't really an option. I got gloves because I'm tired of my hands burning every time Im in the gym and the blisters on my palms are really annoying. Anyone else had the same issue?

Thanks

Replies

• mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    To make sure I understand, are you talking about weight lifting gloves? If so do you mean calluses or do you have blisters on your palms?

There seems to be 2 opinions on lifting gloves in strength training. Those that say use them and those that they harm your grip strength. I don't use them so I have no idea how they should fit. Is there a any sizing information on the site where you ordered them?
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting gloves will be relatively snug and yes, many are cut to give you full range of motion on your wrist (ending just past the thumb). If you can successfully grasp a bar and squeeze it, you’re good.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I don't use them myself but, I've heard, they're supposed to be tight.

Edit: Effing autocorrect
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Mine are fairly tight around the fingers. I fully agree if you can grasp the bar and squeeze it you should be just fine.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    You may be overthinking this one. You'll be just fine.
  • blessybuva
    blessybuva Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input guys. Ill try them out in the gym tomorrow morning and see how they feel.