Home cardio equimpent feedback

I was wondering if anybody out there has any home cardio equipment (tread mills, elipticals, stair steppers) that they love/hate/indifferent and can give some feedback on....I'm in the market to purchase something for the home without breaking my bank (less than 1000 dollars) but won't fall apart on me the moment I step on it...
I've researched some...but I want to get some REAL feedback from people I know aren't getting paid to say "hey, this is great!!"...
Anybody?

Replies

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    in depth reviews on treadmills: http://www.treadmillreviews.net/
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Wife bought a Sole elliptical years ago to use over the winter (before we joined the local RecPlex). Very sturdy and highly rated.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    I have a WaterRower, very good piece of kit although potentially outside your price range. It cost me £800. It stores on end up against the wall, and it's comfortable for a good hour (15Km), haven't used it for longer than that.

The only drawback is that the resistance isn't easily tunable in the same way that a Concept is.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    If I was going to buy 1 piece of equipment and my budget was $1,000 it would be a Concept 2 rower (I own one and wouldn't consider getting rid of it). They're the gold standard when it comes to rowing machines (used by elite rowing teams around the world for dry land training) and are built like tanks.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    I'll take a look at the one we have at home (treadmill). It has been excellent.

Once you find a model or brand you like though, hit Craigslist. You will find the most expensive, high end machines for cheap.