Same stuff, different day

Options
Any harm in eating the same thing day in, day out? I literally eat the same breakfast EVERYDAY. Dinner kind of the same thing... Chicken and some veg. I'm not complaining. I like it. Just wondering if my body needs a change?

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Well, your body doesn't actually recognise your food choices, it just draws from it, and saying that, you may not be supplying all the micronutrients needed, but you would need to check that.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    As long as it makes you happy, your body does not care. Keep it up.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    It looks like you have a basic meal plan for each meal--oatmeal and fruit for breakfast, protein and salad for lunch, protein/carb/veg for dinner. You can just mix up the protein and veg source if you are getting bored. Ex:

Breakfast can still be oatmeal, just swap blueberries or bananas for apple or strawberries; swap walnuts for almonds.

Lunch--just change the spinach to kale or mixed greens and try tomato/carrots/cucumber instead of peppers

Dinner--try broccoli, squash, cabbage stir fry (cole slaw mix works well for this) and some salmon maybe, sweet potato instead of white?

Just try to find a new fruit or vegetable to try each week, but you can keep your regulars in the mix as well.

But, hey, if you like what you're doing and it works, it seems like a good variety as is.
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I do the same. Seems fine to me.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    If you are providing enough variety to cover your nutritional needs, then I can't see why it would be a problem. If not, you could always take a multi-vitamin to fill in the gaps.
  • davidm9238
    davidm9238 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Makes it easy to shop.
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    davidm9238 wrote: »
    Makes it easy to shop.

Lol yeah, that's why I do it.
  • Frequently_Fabulous
    Frequently_Fabulous Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am also a meal robot (same thing day in/day out). Hiwever studies have shown that eating the same thing every day (essentially improving portion control) is one aspect of successful weight loss (but I do have haters that find it weird!) lol
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I do the same and I'm feeling okay. If my taste buds get bored, I eat something else (Though never had that problem so far)