Having diabetes and high glucose levels, I've got to lose we

Options
I've had fibromyalgia for 6 years now and due to the pain of activities, I've been so sedentary. I also have diabetes which is uncontrolled and realize I've got to lose weight and get in shape. I'm not real sure where to begin with exercise, but am starting out with 10 minutes on the treadmill daily. I have a high resting heart rate so I want to start slowly. Any advice?

Replies

• cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I don't see that you have set any goals. You should definitely set goals so you'll stay motivated.

Fibromyalgia is tough to deal with. I have a friend who has the same affliction. I would say 10 mins on the treadmill everyday is a good place to start. Also don't forget to talk to your doctor about your limitations and realistic health plans. But don't forget to challenge yourself once you've reached new levels of fitness.

I wish you much luck! Welcome to MFP!
  • cobygrey
    Options
    I don't see that you have set any goals. You should definitely set goals so you'll stay motivated.

Fibromyalgia is tough to deal with. I have a friend who has the same affliction. I would say 10 mins on the treadmill everyday is a good place to start. Also don't forget to talk to your doctor about your limitations and realistic health plans. But don't forget to challenge yourself once you've reached new levels of fitness.

• cobygrey
    Options

• YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend you look into Shakeology as a supplement and meal replacement. The American Diabetes Association just endorsed it and all Beachbody products. It helps with blood sugar levels and my own family's experience is that after drinking one shake per day for 90 days, my husbands cholesterol was lower by 20%. It is all natural and full of superfoods. No chemicals or other crazy things. I'd be glad to send you info about it. Just send me a message. And of course, consult with your doc. This is a tool that could really help you along with other changes you are beginning to make.
    Here's to your health and fitness:drinker:
    Risa