Nutribullet or tasty snack suggestions?

Options
cdunn211
cdunn211 Posts: 7 Member
edited March 2015 in Food and Nutrition
I'm definitely a snacker and need to snack in between meals to get me to the next one. Does anyone have any TASTY snack ideas that are filling. I'm definitely a food snob and if it tastes bad, i won't eat it...you know, like a child.

I also got a nutribullet about a month ago and have primarily been using it to blend up my chocolate protein with a banana and some peanut butter for breakfast in the morning. Its super tasty but can be a splurge on calories for it being so early in the day. Anyone got any suggestions?

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I don't do smoothies but some solid food snacks I like are nuts, pb w celery or carrots, hummus with veggie or apple sticks, cheese, edamame, tortilla chips and salsa/bean dip/guacamole, toast with pb
  • bhealthy1516
    bhealthy1516 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    cdunn211 wrote: »
    I'm definitely a snacker and need to snack in between meals to get me to the next one. Does anyone have any TASTY snack ideas that are filling. I'm definitely a food snob and if it tastes bad, i won't eat it...you know, like a child.

I also got a nutribullet about a month ago and have primarily been using it to blend up my chocolate protein with a banana and some peanut butter for breakfast in the morning. Its super tasty but can be a splurge on calories for it being so early in the day. Anyone got any suggestions?

Hi, I got my nutribullet a few months ago. I make several kinds and varieties. I use some spinach and kale, few baby carrots, half banana, an apple, stalk celery. That's usually the main part, of course add water, I usually add a little crystal lite. Lately been putting a liitle bit nuts or seeds, chia, sunflower, pumpkin. There are many varieties. Let me know if this helps, and if you want more ideas.
  • 9Rounder
    9Rounder Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    With the smoothies, I keep it simple. It's easy to let it get away from you, add in all these extra little things and suddenly you have a 400 calorie smoothie. I keep a "recipe" by my NutriBullet and make basically the same smoothie every day with spinach, mixed frozen berries, chia seeds and Greek yogurt. I weigh out all portions, add water, and it's 196 calories each day. It's a very easy way to start your day with fruits and vegetables.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I subbed a banana for blueberries. It had way less calories for the same weight and dropped my blood sugar slower (my hunger signals are way dependent upon my carb intake esp. in the morning). I also added those greens into the smoothie because it was just how I got enough of my veggies in for the day.
  • cdunn211
    cdunn211 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I haven't experimented with and kind of seeds yet. I saw a bag of chia seeds at Target yesterday -I'll have to try it. Is it gritty at all? Since breakfast is one of my least favorite meals, I definitely want to keep it as low as possible!

I'll try swapping the banana for the blueberries!