Too Fat to get on rides with kids at amusement park

Options
I felt so horrible, I have small children and we took them to Six *kitten* a few day ago. The ride require adults to get on with the children if they are under a certain height. OMG I was too big to get on most of them, I had to get y husband o is 6'1" to get on those kiddie rides. He looked funny cause his legs were so long and bunched but I looked horrible because my fat butt couldn't get on at all. The belts and bars couldn't fit over my belly.

If ever there was a day I felt so low, this is one of them!!

Replies

• KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I am there with you. I went to SeaWorld and Disney with my sister and her 4 year old at the end of January. My sister didn't understand why I refused to get on the kiddie rides with my neice. I tried to explain that I'm too scared to even try to fit in the kid seats and she (very insensitively) suggested that I just "get over it."
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I have noticed lately when I sit in different chairs it is a tight fit. Sometimes I catch myself wondering if I will even fit into certain chairs. We recnetly did some amusement rides at a waterpark and the bar on some of the rides cut right into my stomach - not only was it kinda painful, but embarassing too.

I just hope I can say this time ....next year..... I don't have to worry about where I sit or if I will fit.
  • tvgal
    tvgal Posts: 87
    Options
    I am there with you. I went to SeaWorld and Disney with my sister and her 4 year old at the end of January. My sister didn't understand why I refused to get on the kiddie rides with my neice. I tried to explain that I'm too scared to even try to fit in the kid seats and she (very insensitively) suggested that I just "get over it."

she said WHAT?! oh I am outraged for you! what the heck, i swear i will never understand some people...
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't understand because he is the same weight he was when I met him right after high school, never big a day in his life and he eats everything and anything he wants. It makes me angry sometimes.
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about a thing. With your determination and the support of MFP users you'll reach your goals in no time!

Welcome, welcome, welcome!
  • Fat2FitChick
    Options
    Thank you Coby!!!
  • EdgeChic
    EdgeChic Posts: 75
    Options
    I'm so sorry. I'm in the same position. My kids are only 2 and 4 months, so I'm hoping by the time they're old enough and my husband gets back from deployment we can go to Disneyland and I'll actually fit.

We flew up to Colorado last year and I had to ask for a seat belt extender...I was so embarassed.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat when I went to Six Flags last year. Not good times. Except I wasn't with kids thank God. But I was with a group of friends. And the rides I did go on made me extreamley sick! Made me never want to go back! This time next year, you wont have that problem at all and it's a great feeling!
  • RhondaCrombie
    Options
    I totally know that pain!

Three years ago when I flew across country, I had to get a seat belt extender because I could NOT make my belt fit. I actually thought of NOT telling the flight attendant because I was SO embarrassed. When I did, she just rolled her eyes and made me feel even worse than I already did.

Never again! That's what you can keep telling yourself, too!
  • RhondaCrombie
    Options
    (sorry for the double post!)
  • Fat2FitChick
    Options
    Your such an inspiration, 97lbs down, OMG!!! If you can do it, I can also! Never again!!
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I also feel your pain :( It's a horrible feeling when you can't do something or fit somewhere because of your weight. I avoid amusement parks and even avoid trying to sit in a restaurant booth , I always ask to sit at a table and chairs which is very embarrassing but I feel that it would be more embarrassing for myself if I asked for a booth and then couldn't fit into it :(

But you are here to change all that just as we all are :) We are all working towards a goal and we all will get there ....we just CAN NOT GIVE UP!!
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry. I'm in the same position. My kids are only 2 and 4 months, so I'm hoping by the time they're old enough and my husband gets back from deployment we can go to Disneyland and I'll actually fit.

We flew up to Colorado last year and I had to ask for a seat belt extender...I was so embarassed.
    Same here. The seats on airplanes are built for anorexic teens anyway ... but I was mortified to have to ask for the extender. This year - in July - it will be different!!
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    It looks like alot of us have been in your shoes and know how you feel. On our 10th anniversary, 4 years ago, we went to Vegas and took a helicopter to the Grand Canyon and spent the night on a real working ranch. They offered horse back riding with champagne under the moon. How romantic, and I loved riding horses as a teenager. Well, we paid for the horse ride and got in line. I seen the sign that said 250lb limit for horses. The guy looked at me, with everyone standing there, and said how much do you weigh. My husband never knew that, I was to ashamed. I said 200lbs (LIAR). He knew I was not telling the truth. He rolled his eyes and told the other worker to go get "her" the work horse. It was slower then crap, and so much for the romantic ride! I was actually 235lbs. That had to be one of my most embarrasing moments of my life. Hang in there, or should I say here! With the tools here, and all of the support from us, you will be riding those rides next time you go back!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I used to be the same with chairs, I'd check them out visually first to see if I thought they'd work for me. Anymore I just sit in them without anythought. lol Sometimes I catch myself thinking OMG, I so will NOT fit in that chair, carefully sit down and find there is tons of space on both sides of my hips, enough room for another person even on some chairs.

My mind is still getting used to a smaller body :)
    Your day will come before you know it!:flowerforyou:

Becca
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    I feel your pain, and I know next year it will all be different . We can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We go to Disneyland every year and they are pretty good for the most part about making the rides fit most bodies, but there are a couple that I was so afraid to get on I simply refused and did not try. I felt so bad because my husband and kids were pretty disappointed because they wanted me to ride with them and enjoy the day. :cry:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options

:noway: :noway: :noway: :explode: :explode: :explode: I was horrified when I read this. My sister weighs 123 pounds and she is very thin she is always trying to protect me from anything that would embarass me or hurt me in anyway. Not expecting me to get over it. This just really hurt my feelings, and it did not even happen to me. I am so sorry!
  • Lightonmyfeet
    Options
    You're not alone. I've been stuck in the same situation you are.
    Sometimes I'll have second thoughts about getting on a ride because I'm worried I'll just end up embarrassing myself.
  • kspeach
    kspeach Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    And then there are the booths that are super tight..... :(

Seat Belt extenders....whatev! :) I get one right when I come in the plane if I'm not sure. Either they give me one right then, or they bring it to my seat. Safety is more important than my pride...and forget them! I don't care what those people I will never see again think about me and my fat butt! :) The first couple times, it was embarrassing but I did see someone else do it. Plus, I can fly on the same type of plane and airline and the belt is comfy, and other times, it's tight. So don't take it personal. Plus, almost always there is someone LARGER than you on the plane. :):):)
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I felt so horrible, I have small children and we took them to Six *kitten* a few day ago. The ride require adults to get on with the children if they are under a certain height. OMG I was too big to get on most of them, I had to get y husband o is 6'1" to get on those kiddie rides. He looked funny cause his legs were so long and bunched but I looked horrible because my fat butt couldn't get on at all. The belts and bars couldn't fit over my belly.

If ever there was a day I felt so low, this is one of them!!

Been there done that and it is horrifing. I need to lose weight so I can be comfortable on an airplane. Well and because im fat