Favourite Snacks from Costco?

Options
2»

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    My OLD favorite snack was their muffins. Do you know how many calories are in a muffin? WTG MFP for enlightening me. Costco muffins made me fat! :laugh:
    I was in a hospital waiting room recently and there were two large parents with their equally large son, probably around 7-8. There was a bit of a wait (E.R.) so they were sat opposite me for about 1.5 hours, in which time I watched the little boy drink two cans of Pepsi, and eat one of those 600 calorie muffins plus a giant bag of chips. It made me really sad.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    daisyverma wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Individual bags of beef jerky! I made a special trip this week just for those. Also stocked up on lemon Fibre One bars. I sometimes buy the big things of nuts, but didn't this time because find them a bit too tempting... They also sell the boxes of Cliff bars, that I know are popular, plus various tubs of protein supplements. You can be pretty sure they'll be cheaper at Costco than anywhere else.

I like those Fibre 1 lemon bars when craving baked goods!
    Me too! They are the same price per 24 box as for 2 x 6 boxes at another store.

• fevrale
    fevrale Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I have a huge tub of Jolly Time popcorn kernels and these glorious boxes of single-serve packages of frozen chocolate-covered fruit called FruitChocs. FruitChocs pineapple is the beeeesssttt!
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Their Kirkland brand "Trek Mix". My father always buys it when he visits, and I have to be careful.

The Nature Valley Crunchy Granola bars, I buy the whole box, they go quick.

Peanut butter filled pretzels.

The 2lb packages of dates. Dangerous.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Can't believe I forgot about cheese! Pre-portioned Balderson cheddar packs and mini-Babybels.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Crunchy Rice Rollers. The best 45 calories on earth.
  • hlvincent15
    hlvincent15 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I would stay away from costco.

Eat homemade hummus or buy a hot air popcorn maker. For filling snacks. I find raw carrots lower my sugar levels as well.
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I tried to find mini bell peppers at Costco and couldn't find em. They had baby kale when I went the first time but not today

It's bit of a hit and miss I guess

So I got the brittle which I like to crumble on plain oatmeal..always use a small amount
    Skinny pop popcorn (they didn't have the boom chicka one)
    Pure protein bars since they were on sale (wish they sold quest bars!)
    Quinoa Gluten free vegan cookies
    Some kind of Gluten free crackers that had a few simple ingredients

I chose to stay away from single serving chocolate cause I will eat more than that

I've tried snacking on veggies and it's not fulfilling for me. Instead I usually eat salad at lunch and dinner with my meal

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Oooo, you guys remind me of some of the great deals there. Low fat cheddar, yessss to the frozen fruit, tuna snack packs, the Premier Protein are practically a staple, the snappea crisps, and the Simply Protein bars.