Anti Wheat?

Options
124»

Replies

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Anything in excess, as always, is bad, but where haven't you heard that before. :D I think a lot of times people don't know how much they're eating of wheats and grains. I.E. had a hotdog/hamburger, and some wheat thins, cereal this morning, etc. (bread is such a convienant vehicle for foods!) Plus wheat is hidden in lots of areas you don't know/think about, like soy sauce.
    Celiac's disease is the one where the hype is coming from, and for some it hits home. I've read articles (random websites) that say that even when celiacs is not present in people, we are becoming increasingly intolerant. Because we consume it all the time, we're used to feeling this way, and don't think a thing about it. I try and avoid wheat, as after following paleo/primal/clean, I noticed I feel like garbage after I eat wheat, especially breads (puffy, bloated, nasty, etc). That's me personally. Why is celiac's becoming more pronounced? Changes in wheat crops? evolutionary changes? Tin hat theorists goverment destroying everything? All of the above?
    Some people don't have an intolerance, can eat what they want whenever they want, stay under calories, hit their macros, and they're perfectly fine.

Another example of how we're like snowflakes.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    8 out of 10 people have some sort of sensitivity of wheat and gluten- but few realize they do until they come off of it and find they feel better than they have in years- fatigue, brain fog, gas, bloating, heachaches, allergies , joint pain etc etc They had all their life was not normal.. That is reason enough to question whether wheat is good for anyone. I myself think it is 100% poison - read what belly, the paleo diet, and other resources on the subject.. watch fathead, google wheat , celiac disease, autoimmune disorders, depression, mental disorders and you'll see why I feel that way. Nothing wrong with cutting out the wheat for a few weeks and see for yourself if you don't feel 100% better.

8 out of 10? Really?

Source for this?

I too would like to see research on that.
    I remember looking at this a few years ago and it seems about 1% of the population has celiac and and other 1% have sensitivity issues.............lots of bandwagen jumping and of course ED's are abound with proclamations of food intolerance, avoidance and ethical reasoning.
    I know I don't have celiac, but I don't like the idea of being in the other 1%. I'm already fringe enough. I'm left handed.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I would have never thought wheat was bad until the author of "Wheat Belly" was on Dr. Oz.
    He said it is extremely addictive, as much as some drugs even.
    White is bad but whole wheat is just "less bad" but still not good for you.
    I'm not sure if this is true, but he guarenteed that you will lose 15 pounds in a short amount of time by not eating wheat.

However thats extremely hard... wheat is in many things we may not even realize... licorice... beer.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/899012-lol-wheat-belly?

also lots of this in this thread

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5j9N_-qIqN9_1itZVCtvt2Wg-GgFGMHeTXTuEYSpU6nrliEgU4Q
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    8 out of 10 people have some sort of sensitivity of wheat and gluten- but few realize they do until they come off of it and find they feel better than they have in years- fatigue, brain fog, gas, bloating, heachaches, allergies , joint pain etc etc They had all their life was not normal.. That is reason enough to question whether wheat is good for anyone. I myself think it is 100% poison - read wheat belly, the paleo diet, and other resources on the subject.. watch fathead, google wheat , celiac disease, autoimmune disorders, depression, mental disorders and you'll see why I feel that way. Nothing wrong with cutting out the wheat for a few weeks and see for yourself if you don't feel 100% better.

Why not systematically cutting out EVERY food to see if you feel better then?
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    is that you doing that strange/absurd plank thing?

Its a body lever, holding the bottom position of a dragon flag, but yes.

My form actually kinda sucks in this pic, I'm too high. I've started putting something under my shoulders so that I can get much more parallel to the ground without any of my back touching. Makes it a lot harder. I can hold the position in the picture about 20 seconds or so, but parallel I can only hold it a second or two.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    8 out of 10 people have some sort of sensitivity of wheat and gluten- but few realize they do until they come off of it and find they feel better than they have in years- fatigue, brain fog, gas, bloating, heachaches, allergies , joint pain etc etc They had all their life was not normal.. That is reason enough to question whether wheat is good for anyone. I myself think it is 100% poison - read wheat belly, the paleo diet, and other resources on the subject.. watch fathead, google wheat , celiac disease, autoimmune disorders, depression, mental disorders and you'll see why I feel that way. Nothing wrong with cutting out the wheat for a few weeks and see for yourself if you don't feel 100% better.

There are people who do this, following elimination diets. The book The Virgin Diet, by JJ Virgin is the latest plan out there that explores elimination diets, to see if you have food sensitivities. My sil is working with her doctor right now doing this-systematically eliminating foods to find out which ones are causing her health problems. For me, cutting way back on wheat solved my bloating problem so I haven't tried cutting out anything else. I had no other symptoms besides the bloating, so pretty sure I figured out what was bothering me :)
  • bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    Options
    8 out of 10 people have some sort of sensitivity of wheat and gluten- but few realize they do until they come off of it and find they feel better than they have in years- fatigue, brain fog, gas, bloating, heachaches, allergies , joint pain etc etc They had all their life was not normal.. That is reason enough to question whether wheat is good for anyone. I myself think it is 100% poison - read what belly, the paleo diet, and other resources on the subject.. watch fathead, google wheat , celiac disease, autoimmune disorders, depression, mental disorders and you'll see why I feel that way. Nothing wrong with cutting out the wheat for a few weeks and see for yourself if you don't feel 100% better.

8 out of 10? Really?

Source for this?

I too would like to see research on that.
    I remember looking at this a few years ago and it seems about 1% of the population has celiac and and other 1% have sensitivity issues.............lots of bandwagen jumping and of course ED's are abound with proclamations of food intolerance, avoidance and ethical reasoning.

ED's?
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    ED's?

Eating Disorders
  • bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    Options
    ED's?

Eating Disorders

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

There are people who do this, following elimination diets. The book The Virgin Diet, by JJ Virgin is the latest plan out there that explores elimination diets, to see if you have food sensitivities. My sil is working with her doctor right now doing this-systematically eliminating foods to find out which ones are causing her health problems. For me, cutting way back on wheat solved my bloating problem so I haven't tried cutting out anything else. I had no other symptoms besides the bloating, so pretty sure I figured out what was bothering me :)

Well of course those with GI problems do elimination diets, that's because it's silly just assume it's something. Just as silly to cut something out without symptoms.