PROTEIN KEEPS YOU FULL.....

Options
It has been close to a month since I changed my eating habits for the better, I wanted to find foods that would keep me fuller longer. I didn't want to feel hungry, I hate feeling hungry. So I found out protein keeps you full longer because it takes longer for your stomach to digest. Not only that, I feel like my stomach is shrinking (my actual stomach, not my belly) because I get full very quickly. My portions have reduced so much I can hardly believe it myself. Since my main staple is protein along with fruits and vegetables I do feel full for a very long time and eat way less because of it. Every week I am weighing less and less! So, if you find yourself feeling hungry often, increase your protein! (And lot's of water)

-May you have much success in your fitness journey! God Bless :smile:

-Natalie

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    correlations of increased protein intakes with increased satiety have been well documented.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    BreakingNews[1].gif
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I am still always hungry on high protein days.
  • Lovefastball99
    Lovefastball99 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I eat protein every 3 hours or so. It's like clock work. If I have a heavy lifting day... Watch out! Because the food is pouring in every 2 hours.

What exactly is "feeling full longer"??
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Ah...theres a question that gets somewhere.
    To me, it is defined as not having to eat again to sustain physical activity (no matter the activity). Having the fullness factor isn't how you feel after you consume thanksgiving dinner, but rather how long the fullness lasts. If you can sustain longer on a certain variety of foods/macros, then you are "feeling full longer."