I lost weight, and *this* surprised me . . .

Options
A reprise of another thread, but that one got too long.

This surprised me: My necklaces had a different hang length.

(It makes sense; I lost weight around my neck as well as other places, but I hadn't expected a change (and hadn't understood the inverse change as I *gained* the weight in the first place!))

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Because my hips are so wide, as I lose weight my pants sit lower...and lower...and lower...now I need to get them all hemmed.
  • Lachelleofthesea
    Lachelleofthesea Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My feet got smaller...
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Looking good, yr Grace.
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    Because my hips are so wide, as I lose weight my pants sit lower...and lower...and lower...now I need to get them all hemmed.

Nice one! That actually happened to me, too, but I didn't think about it. I *must* get "petite" or "short" pants now (or hem them, but I know I'm not going to do it!).
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    It was easier for phlebotomists to find my veins to draw blood for donation. I guess the increased exercise improved my circulation.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    My jeans stopped wearing thin between my upper thighs. This surprised me because I never noticed any chafing there beforehand, and I only lost 2 stone and was never overweight by BMI, yet before I lost weight I would find frayed patches or areas where it had completely worn through there.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My feet got smaller...

Yep. I didn't even lose much weight, but afterward my feet were not quite as wide. Makes it much easier to find cute heels that don't hurt like hell.
  • 1971MLJ
    1971MLJ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    No one thought I was fat or overweight. Until I showed them before and after pictures. Then everyone went "Whoa! That's a pretty dramatic change." Did anyone look at me before?

Exactly this. Scary thing is I had the same opinion.

• sriley7682
    sriley7682 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I was also surprised about my feet getting smaller. And the necklace thing is certainly true as well, along with ring size. I lost two rings sizes.
  • victoire713
    victoire713 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

^Mine do too. Instead of getting them hemmed, I just use a *makeshift* belt. Yarn works best for this. It's not that uncomfortable, either.
  • zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Oddly, my pants are sitting much better on me. When I weigh too much, I have no waist, so pants tend to just slide down if I move too much.
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost much weight , I mean pounds wise , yet since I've lost inches most people notice, I was never aware of how much difference workout makes.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    YES about the necklaces. I am now wearing "chokers" that I had despaired ever wearing again. Also, my wedding ring fell off. It's waiting until I stabilize and I'll get it resized.
  • Braincatcher
    Braincatcher Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It was easier for phlebotomists to find my veins to draw blood for donation. I guess the increased exercise improved my circulation.

This is one of my goals, actually. I quit donating because I'm so hard to stick.
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    My boobs are pretty much non existent. I mean, I knew they'd shrink but I didn't know that it would make me look like a pre-pubescent tween up top. :o
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    1971MLJ wrote: »
    No one thought I was fat or overweight. Until I showed them before and after pictures. Then everyone went "Whoa! That's a pretty dramatic change." Did anyone look at me before?

Exactly this. Scary thing is I had the same opinion.

I take the view that they saw *you* and not your weight/shape/dress size.