Gettin real

Options
daisy79
daisy79 Posts: 64 Member
Hello! First post here :)

I'm Melody, I'm 33, 5'3" and I currently weigh 216 lbs. My highest weight was 221 just recently. Never thought I would see my weight in the 200's but I've been there for the better part of a year and I know I need to get this weight down, especially for health reasons.
Its scary with my BMI at almost 40 and feeling the pain and discomfort of being heavy every day.

I'm from Dallas, TX.

My boyfriend and I recently started our own "Biggest Loser" competition. He has to lose 40 lbs and me 24 by Sept 1.
I think we can do it and I'm determined to beat him by meeting my goal early!

I posted our plans on Facebook on Monday because I really want this to be reality. I'm tired of thinking I'll never lose weight and that I'm just going to get heavier and heavier.

Looking for motivation to keep it going long term!

Replies

• jem302
    jem302 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea with your boyfriend! I should propose something like that, my boyfriend wants to lose weight too and loves a good competition..adding you!
  • daisy79
    daisy79 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    We talked about it for months and finally decided to get serious recently. He has a lot of motivation with his dad not doing well because of obesity and other issues. I decided to post about it on facebook and I got a lot of feedback and my BF said he is really motivated to beat me now. LOL. I told him, thats part of why I did it :)
  • Chaosrose8
    Chaosrose8 Posts: 39
    Options
    It's great to go on this journey with someone else. My husband and I are working on this together as well, but maybe we'll add a competitive aspect as well!