215lbs to 175lbs. Pay attention to inches!

Options
luvsubrooke
luvsubrooke Posts: 85 Member
edited March 2015 in Success Stories
l81fomrqwh2b.jpg
This was me at 215lbs, if not more. My highest weight was 225lbs. At 5'10 I can carry more weight than most women and still look healthy, but 225lbs was in no way healthy. My boyfriend had passed away, I was an emotional eater, and I totally let my body spiral out of control. With healthy eating and daily exercise, and the help of mfp of course ;), I'm down to 175lbs and still going! My goal weight is 145-150lbs. This is me today and I feel healthier than ever! gijtahd5hlev.jpg

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss.

And if you can rock a clingy knit like that at 175, I have no idea where another 25 -30 lbs is going to come from... you look fantastic!
  • retropactum
    retropactum Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful at both weights, but congrats. I lost my boyfriend a little over a year ago, so I know exactly what it like to watch your body spiral out of control. All the progress I had made prior to his death, was lost and then some. You are seriously a beautiful person and stronger than you probably give yourself credit for.

On a lighter note, now that you've lost, can I buy that sequin dress? LOL :P
  • kristenprainone
    kristenprainone Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! I just started this week and can't wait till I make some progress to post pics!!! Great job!!!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Incredible job! Way to get it!
  • ImpracticalGirl
    ImpracticalGirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You go girl! :flowerforyou:
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. You do look beautiful in both pictures. But your right being healthy is the most important.
  • ogaurnera
    ogaurnera Posts: 24 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi sorry for your lost! And congrats on ur weight loss!! You look great!!! How long it took you?
  • Gtdarkie
    Gtdarkie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sorry for ur lost but damn girl...you look Gd in both pic.
  • midpath
    midpath Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and 229, I can't wait to look like you! :) good job!!!
  • bergk24
    bergk24 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great job such inspiration !!
  • luvsubrooke
    Options

ogaurnera wrote: »
    Hi sorry for your lost! And congrats on ur weight loss!! You look great!!! How long it took you?

I had a baby in October of 2013. During my pregnancy I was up to 245lbs and my baby was a whole 6lbs! Lol so since giving birth last October, I've lost 70lbs. I got down to 225lbs by doing nothing, but I was stuck at that weight for a while so I started working out mildly. I got down to 210lbs, got stuck at that weight, and started working out vigorously. I was 210lbs about 2 months ago. I cut out breads, most sugars, and most gluten. Chicken, fish, and veggies! Small portions, every 2-3 hours until 7. No eating after 7pm for this girl. If I'm starving I eat an apple or an orange :)
  • ogaurnera
    ogaurnera Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing
  • parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I'm sorry for your loss.

And if you can rock a clingy knit like that at 175, I have no idea where another 25 -30 lbs is going to come from... you look fantastic!

I agree with everything in this post. My heart hurts for you.

OP---you look phenominal! I had a similar start weight and I'm currently around the same weight as you right now. However, you are a bit taller and you already look so tiny! Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I have to say, you looked great in the "before" picture. You carried the 215 quite well. That said, you definitely look fantastic at the now "after" weight of 175. Quite the head turner and can't imagine how much better you'll look in another 20-30 lbs. Wow!!
  • UrnAsh_
    UrnAsh_ Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss. :) You look fantastic!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Lissa_Kaye
    Lissa_Kaye Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my childhood sweetheart about 8 years ago to suicide. If you ever want to talk hit me up. That is one thing I never had was other widows to talk to. It makes it different going into other relationships and the loss is different than any other.

You look stunning, in both pics actually :smile: Gratz on your success so far.
  • luvsubrooke
    Options
    Lissa_Kaye wrote: »
    I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my childhood sweetheart about 8 years ago to suicide. If you ever want to talk hit me up. That is one thing I never had was other widows to talk to. It makes it different going into other relationships and the loss is different than any other.

You look stunning, in both pics actually :smile: Gratz on your success so far.

I lost mine to suicide too. Dropping all of the weight is such a huge load off of my shoulders bc not only did that weight represent that bad time in my life, but my continual struggle with self blame! Being a healthier me is not only helping my body physically but it has definitely helped me mentally! Now rather than looking on the mirror and being reminded of my loss, I'm reminded of that fact that I was strong enough to push through and getting better, rather than bitter. Thankyou for your kind words.
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! It just shows that some of the most difficult times bring out your strongest self--well done!
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!