measuring food

Options
anyone know how to measure out spaghetti? it says 2 oz is 200 calories but how do you measure it. it says about 1/8 of the box but the box has been opened and used several times. any good guidelines?

Replies

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I use a food scale. I can't think of any other useful way.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    on a scale- like everything else?
  • aurora1111616
    aurora1111616 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i don't have a food scale i was hoping there was some website people used showing use this for that like portion size of beef is the size of your palm kind of thing.
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    i don't have a food scale i was hoping there was some website people used showing use this for that like portion size of beef is the size of your palm kind of thing.

Get a food scale :) No, really -

• poetgirl115
    poetgirl115 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What I did, as far as dry noodles, was to weigh out the uncooked noodles, boil them separately from the rest of the noodles, then weigh them again once they were cooked. Weighing really is the only accurate way of telling. Once the noodles are cooked, you'll have an approximate weight for cooked noodles. I eat 3 oz. of angel hair, which equates to 7.2 oz. once it's cooked. I agree with the above, a food scale makes all the difference!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    You weigh them.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

if youre going to count calories, you NEED a food scale.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options

Walmart has them for about 15$. Best investment you'll make this year!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Food scale - everything else is just a guess.
  • marenba21
    marenba21 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Agree with everybody, for the first week I didn't have a scale and was just guessing, after I started using it I found out I was doing it all wrong.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    65 pieces of spaghetti is about 2oz.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options

Did you count them?
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Did you count them?

Of course.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I use one of those spaghetti spoons with a hole in the middle... measure it dry in the hole is about a serving. It's worked for me so far.

Yes, people, I don't weigh my food.

tumblr_lx6u5khE8W1r9x0sdo1_400.gif