New to MFP

Options
Jrodasff
Jrodasff Posts: 334 Member
Hey everyone. I've been in very good shape most my life but this last year has been a total binge when it comes to food. 4 years ago I was in the he best shape of my life weighing in at 194lbs. Just a month ago I weighed myself in at 223!!!!! Almost 30 pounds. Yeah my excercise was mainly heavy weight lifting, but the lack of cardio and eating everything under the sun has taken it's toll. My goal is to get down to 196lbs by mid June. I'm down to 218 and that was before I started MFP. Excited to get back into shape.
I have a question though. I don't feel like inputting my exercise because I don't want to go over my calorie intake. Yeah I might not be taking in my required amount but I think it will make me lose weight faster and cause my stomach to not crave so much food over time. Any one else come across this issue?

Thanks for the motivation.
Joel

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Remember to fuel the machine!
  • bigres20
    bigres20 Posts: 17
    Options
    Welcome to MFP man. Its like riding a bike, dust off the cobwebs and pick it back up. You'll get there in no time, just stick with it. I believe your can make that goal happen, nutrition is 80% of the succes and battle as you know. Like the lifng4ls said above you have to fuel the machine. What is your maintanence cals/day and to what deficit do you end your week each week?

You can check the numbers or you can go based on how you perform in your workouts and how your energy levels are during the day. Its a mix of both really. Glad to chat with you more here man on the topic and working my goals here as well. Let me know how I can help
  • Jrodasff
    Jrodasff Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    @bigres20‌ thanks man. Yeah my intake is set at 2200 cal a day. With the amount I am exercising and lifting I definitely feel a lack of energy throughout the day. I know it's from a lack of fuel. I'm just trying to find that happy medium. I just started this week on MFP so don't know what my deficit or lack there of will be. Like everything else it will just take dedication and time
  • bigres20
    bigres20 Posts: 17
    Options
    my pleasure @ffjrodas‌. How long have you been going where you have been feeling the lack of energy? Agreed, perservere man and you will get there!
    ffjrodas wrote: »
    @bigres20‌ thanks
    man. Yeah my intake is set at 2200 cal a day. With the amount I am exercising and lifting I definitely feel a lack of energy throughout the day. I know it's from a lack of fuel. I'm just trying to find that happy medium. I just started this week on MFP so don't know what my deficit or lack there of will be. Like everything else it will just take dedication and time