Party girl

I'm pretty sure most of my weight gain has come from drinking all night, several nights of the week. I'm 26 now and it's caught up with me and my youthful body has slowed down but my drinking hasn't. I didn't realize how many calories alcohol put into my daily intake. Thoughts? Advice?

Replies

• dunno548
    dunno548 Posts: 2
    Stop drinking?
  • pips_perseverance
    pips_perseverance Posts: 1 Member
    I'm with you, girl. I know the simple (and lame) answer is "stop drinking" but some of us like to socialize and that's just how we (and all of our friends) do it. I don't go out every night anymore, but that doesn't make losing the damage-over-the-years weight any easier.

I do like to go for a few after-work drinks when it's been a rough day, but that usually means skipping the gym and eating and dinner later than wanted. I also like to go out for the night Friday OR Saturday and I'll eat dinner before going out, but then I normally eat absolute garbage the next day...and can't get enough...and don't make it to the gym.

How's your journey going? Have you had any luck? Have you received any useful/realistic advice?
  • mrsmcg97
    mrsmcg97 Posts: 53 Member
    Tracking my wine calories blew my mind
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Reduce your intake of alcohol. Make it fit into your calories. Simple...
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Dude that's way too much. It's going to wreck your liver. You gotta cut way back on the booze.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,915 Member
    Alcohol can't be stored in the body, so it has to be metabolized. Until it's completely metabolized out of the body, no other storage of energy is used. So if you drink, and eat into the night, that food you consumed just gets stored as excess energy.
    The obvious answer is to reduce the amount of alcohol you drink. You DON'T have to drink to socialize. So it's just a matter of deciding what's more important to you.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png