First run in nine months...and no longer overweight!!

Options
What a morning...went for my first run in nine months. Last year I fell really quite unwell for reasons that I won't go in to, but started to find that any form of exercise caused me real problems. I started to get more and more down and eventually had to give up to stop absences from work and being in pain.

Since January I have been on some medication that at least allowed me to walk to some extent, and have built up through Leslie Sansome and Jillian Michaels videos, as well as some Wii Fit.

This morning I felt OK and decided to get in a run early morning while no one was about. I thought I'd see whether I could go for 15-20 minutes and managed to do two miles at 5.2mph. I am really, really pleased.

Also...I am no longer overweight by BMI! I can finally start thinking about speed and fitness and not losing! I would like to drop some more weight, but I'm sure that will come from not having to lug an extra 20+ lbs around with me.

I've also started logging again, so hopefully it will all start getting there a bit quicker.

Can't believe I'm saying any of this, but it's happening! Hurrah!!

Replies

• mariamathsgeek
    mariamathsgeek Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! Sounds like you've had a really tough time but are getting your mojo back. I'm a runner but am still carrying around an extra 30lbs (have dropped 11lbs since New Year). Looking forward to getting the weight off and seeing my speed improve without it dragging me down.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!