Let's see how long this will last

hello
I constantly start out with a great weight lost plan every Saturday and every week I end up breaking it by "hump day".

Anyhow my goal is to lose 15lbs - do anyone have any suggesting on how I can stick to my plan.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Maybe your calorie goal is to aggressive. 15 pounds is not a lot to lose. Set your goal for .5 pound a week. At this slower rate it will be more sustainable.
  • Reneephilly
    Reneephilly Posts: 17 Member
    Maybe I wasn't clear I would like to lose 15lbs - by July
  • queenliz99
    edited March 2015
    It took me 4 months with careful calorie counting to lose the last 20 pounds. And by careful counting, I mean I used a food scale. There are no shortcuts.
  • Reneephilly
    Yes - I know - I did it before - I counted every calorie and exercise - and felt great - but for some reason I'm having a hard time - sticking to it this time around (I got into a relationship- and put all the weight back on )
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    What is your cal goal/ weight loss goal per week?

What is it about hump day that breaks you?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    you stick to it by sticking to it. look, it's not always fun and easy, but tracking your food and exercising regularly is something you'll have to do to lose weight, the former more so.

you need to plan ahead. don't log you food as you consume it. you need to log it before hand. i'll log my food days in advance.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    What happens on hump day to change your commitment?

Are you on a deprivation diet?
  • Reneephilly
    No by hump day - i figure I can cheap a little but I
    - And fall off the wagon
  • never2bstopped
    mintzekr wrote: »
    - And fall off the wagon

What is your weekly weight loss goal?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Get the basics right and commit. That means staying on top of it and just using common sense. The problems people post about here are 95% the same ones about not losing weight and its usuall becayse they eat more than they think and burn less. Be honest accurate and consistent. If you know theres a hump day prepare for it and factor it ino your plan. Seems a waste of time to me to spend 6 days working hard and then undermining it. Analyse what it is about that day and why it happens then devise soemthing to deal with it i.e burn more calories, avoid situations, allocate calories etc.

Sooner or later the hump day is coming back and you have to know what your response is.
  • Reneephilly
    you stick to it by sticking to it. look, it's not always fun and easy, but tracking your food and exercising regularly is something you'll have to do to lose weight, the former more so.

you need to plan ahead. don't log you food as you consume it. you need to log it before hand. i'll log my food days in advance.

I might have to try plan more in advance
  • Reneephilly
    - And fall off the wagon

My goal is 1.5 to 2lbs a week.
  • queenliz99
    - And fall off the wagon

Too aggressive
  • Reneephilly
    That is how I did it before - i exercise everyday and counted my calories - my weight comes off pretty fast - my current issues is sticking to it
  • never2bstopped
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    - And fall off the wagon

Too aggressive

Agreed! Give yourself .5-1lb a week and you will be less likely to feel the need to cheat on hump day. This will stop you from spinning your wheels.

It's better to lose ,5 lbs a week than it is to try to lose 1.5-2lbs and end up losing nothing!
  • Reneephilly
    - And fall off the wagon

Too aggressive

Agreed! Give yourself .5-1lb a week and you will be less likely to feel the need to cheat on hump day. This will stop you from spinning your wheels.

It's better to lose ,5 lbs a week than it is to try to lose 1.5-2lbs and end up losing nothing!

Ok - I'm willing to accept any advice - this was the reason for my post (something I never do) but at the rate I'm not getting anywhere
  • Reneephilly
    - And fall off the wagon

Too aggressive

Ok - I'm willing to accept any advice - this was the reason for my post (something I never do) but at the rate I'm not getting anywhere

Thank you
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    That is how I did it before - i exercise everyday and counted my calories - my weight comes off pretty fast - my current issues is sticking to it

Yes but you are saying this isn't working this time... Listen to what the other posters are saying. Make your goal less aggressive, plan ahead and make a commitment to yourself! If you want it enough you can do it...
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    edited March 2015
    what happened before may not happen today. take in the suggestions given.
  • Reneephilly
    *cheat