Quest bars: When do they go on super sale?

Options
I can pay $2.50 a bar at HEB whenever I want or use the GNC free shipping + sale that's on right now and get them for $2.10/bar. It's still too expensive so I eat ThinkThin bars which are always on sale at Kroger/HEB for $1.25 a bar or less.

When they do they usually go below $2/bar?

As an aside, I find quest bars to be extremely satisfying when I just NEED a treat. They do seem to cause cravings more than ThinkThin bars, however. So maybe it's a blessing in disguise that they are more expensive.

Replies

• cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    You can usually get them on Amazon and Vitacost for around $2/bar, depending on flavor. Vitacost has a heftier free shipping minimum. They do periodically have "buy X$ get Y$ off deals" that can save you a bundle if you're willing to stock up.

As far as below, your best bet is to watch the subreddit r/Fitness--every so often someone will post about an eBay deal for $20/box, which is $1.70ish/bar.

I've seen a few people on MFP post about a local source in the $1.50 range, but there's nothing like that around where I live.
  • dunlol
    dunlol Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for an alternative that has almost the same nutrition as quest bars, try Victory bars. They are highly underrated and have nearly the same macros as quest bars. For example, the Chocolate chip cookie dough Victory bar is 6g fat, 28g carb (20 fiber), 21g of protein. They are also MUCH cheaper and go on sale pretty often. Tigerfitness has buy 2 boxes get 1 free (Total of ~$41 for 3 boxes), and Bodybuilding.com has pretty much the same deal with buy 1 get 1 50% off