In need of support! Need to loose 200 lbs, Long journey ahead.

Options
Id love to find others who have a lot to loose like me, possibly in my area to work out with But it really doesn't matter, just need some committed friends and supporters. I have been really down lately and I have got to once and for all change my lifestyle. It will be hard i know. But I want this so bad. If you don't mind being there to support me and help keep me motivated, please add me. And i will do the same for you. Also my mom is starting this new journey with me add her too mssugarbear74. Thanks!

Replies

• suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! It might sound hard at first, but what some people recommend as a first step (assuming you're new to this!) is to just eat like you normally would for a week or two, and log everything. That way you know where you're starting and what you're used to. Then, every week start reducing by 100-200 calories until you're at what MFP is telling you to eat =)

I'm rooting for you! In the words of Booker T. Washington "Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work."
  • jenluvs2sing
    jenluvs2sing Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've got 130 pounds to lose so I understand where you're coming from. I started South Beach on February 9th and work out religiously and so far I've lost 12 pounds. Not everything that works for one person works for another, but since I've tried everything (almost literally) I can tell you I haven't been hungry on South Beach. I agree with suppakana, start slow and track EVERYTHING. Don't cheat on yourself, track it all. The best way to learn what works is to learn what doesn't. Find the kind of exercise you enjoy, don't do something you don't like, you won't stick with it. I'll send you an add. Good luck!