Vegetarian with allergy help

Options
Ellaskat
Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
Hi everyone, I'm looking to do more vegetarian dinner entrees- here's my issue- I'm allergic to all legumes. That's all beans, all nuts, and soy is a bean fyi. Anyone have any suggestions?

I make a great dish that is a spaghetti squash casserole, eats like a ravioli, but no pasta.

I'm looking for other dishes that my meat loving husband and I can have for dinner without still feeling hungry.

Thanks!

Replies

• Ellaskat
    Options
    Bump. Please help. I'm really struggling to find some dishes.
  • Ellaskat
    Options
    help?
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    You might want to look at some other whole grains, e.g. bulgur wheat, barley, etc. though these may not have the protein you need. Do you do milk/eggs? Last night we had baked
    eggplant slices that had been brushed with pesto covered with sauteed turnip greens with crmbled feta and black sesame seeds. Not a legume in sight.
  • Ellaskat
    Options
    We do eat meat, but are trying to build in a couple of vegetarian options every week. It seems most recipes have beans or nuts and since I'm not a practicing vegetarian, I don't know enough to figure out other options. Looking for ideas... Your dish sounds amazing but pesto has pine nuts... So... Can't have those....