How should I log this?

Options
knt217
knt217 Posts: 115 Member
edited March 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Last night I baked some cut veggies in the oven (red pepper, zuchinni, summer squash, red onion, baby bella mushrooms, and asparagus with a little olive oil and some salt and pepper in case anyone is wondering. It is DELISH!). I weighed every single one in grams after I cut it up, measured out the EVOO, and added the entire amount to my food log, but I didn't eat it all. I warmed up the left over veggies for breakfast this morning and had them with some poached eggs and a piece of sourdough toast, but I'm wondering what to do with the log now? Do I add the veggies again because it's a new day, or just leave it as is since I already counted them as being consumed last night even though they weren't? If I need to add it, how in the world do I do that now since it was a mix of all different veggies and weights and I don't know how much of what remained in the leftovers? Thanks!

Replies

• NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    You already logged it, so you don't need to add anything to today. The food doesn't gain calories by sitting in the fridge :)
  • aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure what to do about now, but in the future, you can make a recipe on MFP. If you don't finish the serving, you can weigh the remains, subtract from the total, and do the math to find out what fraction of the serving you had and log that for the evening.
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Leave out the veggies they were already accounted for. Your body dosnt have a midnight cutoff.
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    The total will balance out over the week so I'd do as the others have said, dont count them twice. I try to save some every day to add up at the weekend for my friday night treat ;)
  • knt217
    knt217 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    That's what I assumed, but couldn't shake the the guilty feelng of eating something at the time without logging as it went into my mouth! Thanks for helping my brain feel better about that decision!