How to tone up without bulking up???

Options
13»

Replies

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    If you like where you're at and don't want to get bigger muscles, you can maintain what you have by not increasing the weight (and not increasing your food & protein).

But still lift something, your bones need it!
  • angelgreathouse9
    angelgreathouse9 Posts: 103 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    12by311 wrote: »
    OP, is that you in your profile pic?
    If 'OP' is me then yes that is me... i have a ways to go still however my arms seem bulky to me compared to other women... i don't want them to get bigger... and that is why i posted the question... not to offend anyone, & not to suggest that i was special... i came on here to get suggestions and give advice on what helped me... not to have my words taken so literally.
  • ScorpioJack_91
    ScorpioJack_91 Posts: 5,241 Member
    Options
    If 'OP' is me then yes that is me... i have a ways to go still however my arms seem bulky to me compared to other women... i don't want them to get bigger... and that is why i posts the question... not to offend anyone, & not to suggest that i was special... i came on here to get suggestions and give advice on what helped me... not to have my words taken so literally.

This vid should tell you EVERYTHING you need to know. I posted it earlier but apparently have a short attention span smh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaqmmdS6hPE
  • angelgreathouse9
    Options
    If 'OP' is me then yes that is me... i have a ways to go still however my arms seem bulky to me compared to other women... i don't want them to get bigger... and that is why i posts the question... not to offend anyone, & not to suggest that i was special... i came on here to get suggestions and give advice on what helped me... not to have my words taken so literally.

This vid should tell you EVERYTHING you need to know. I posted it earlier but apparently have a short attention span smh.

??? thanks for the advice... well noted... haven't been on 'all day' ... sorry didn't see you video
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

I hate watching videos. Post an article, I'll probably read it. Post a video. Nope. ANGTFT
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

The reactions you have got are mainly an issue is of definition really. Bulky really means...well, bigger than you are (often more fat and muscle). You have muscle definition and are lean enough to show it.

If you do not like it, that is a preference and you are absolutely entitled to it. I would check out Strong Curves by Brett Contreras especially if you want to focus more on your booty than upper body (no idea if you do, but its a suggestion if you do).
  • angelgreathouse9
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »

The reactions you have got are mainly an issue is of definition really. Bulky really means...well, bigger than you are (often more fat and muscle). You have muscle definition and are lean enough to show it.

If you do not like it, that is a preference and you are absolutely entitled to it. I would check out Strong Curves by Brett Contreras especially if you want to focus more on your booty than upper body (no idea if you do, but its a suggestion if you do).
    yes i do, thank you so much. I will.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

I hate watching videos. Post an article, I'll probably read it. Post a video. Nope. ANGTFT

That sounds like something a hippie woman would say