Need some help with accountability

Options
Hello potential MFP friends! I started MFP a couple years ago and have been off and on here. It has been terrible. I did weight watchers for a couple months through a WW@Work program. I lost 13 pounds in those 3 months! It was awesome! Unfortunately, we couldn't keep the program going because we didn't get enough people to sign up for the second go-around. So I came back here. I NEED HELP! I am motivated to lose weight, in theory. I'd like to lose about 20+ pounds. I'm going to San Diego in August and would like to feel confident in my swimsuit. I need help and accountability from some friends.

Here are my goals:

Fitness: I already do Zumba every Monday evening and boy is it intense. My Zumba instructor gets us sweating like crazy!! In addition to my Zumba, I enjoy jogging. I like to do runs that are about the length of a 5k. My problem with running is that I find once I fight traffic to get home from work, feed my dog who has been home alone all day, get myself settled from work, I really don't want to go out and run. I know I would feel better if I did, but I just lack the motivation to do it. I'd like to run at least 2-3 times a week. I think I could actually make a decent dent in my weight loss if I did that. I need someone or some people to keep me accountable for this.

Food: While on WW I did really well with tracking my food. The point system was super easy and straight forward. I know it is basically the same principle with calories, but for some reason I don't track as well as I did on WW. I need people to keep me accountable with tracking everything, every day.

Anyone willing to come along side me? We can hold each other accountable and motivate each other to do this!

What are your goals? How can I help you get to your goals?

Replies

• shae68143
    shae68143 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You are more than welcome to add me as a friend. i need someone to call me out on my day if I have not logged my food!
  • bethanylerew
    bethanylerew Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    same here, lady! i did ww for a while but then i got pregnant so that went out the window. i love running, too and like you have been requenting the 5k. i need motivation as well because after a day of work, making dinner, hanging out with my daughter and husband, and getting ready for the the next day, the idea of going for a run really doesn't peak my interest.

i try to stay positive because excuses will never get you anywhere.