My Experience So Far... Weights

I have been following Jamie Eason's program (mostly just the workout routine) and am on my 3rd week.

What I have found so far.

- My belly fat is still there but sort of loosey goosey. Not hot.
- Water retention. Not hot.
- Lower back pain after doing bent over rows. My fault - bad form - learned a lesson. Letting my back rest now.
- Seeing some definition - yay!
- Wondering daily how long it will take me to look muscular and toned.
- Clothes do not look better on me .. yet.
- Love lifting!
- Age does make a difference.. where in my 30's, it took me no time at all to get in shape and lose weight. 40's, not so much.

Anyone else notice their fat deposits going through a loose look/feel? Eating in a deficit until I lose the amount of fat I'd like to.

Also, how long did it take you to really see a difference in your body shape? I know everyone is different.... but curious about others experiences in this area.

Replies

• jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,275 Member
    you're in your 40's? :noway: \m/
  • nicoleashley_24
    nicoleashley_24 Posts: 144 Member
    I'm on my second round of the LiveFit trainer. I've lost over 10% body fat and 26 pounds! With that said, I still have a ways to go and my "problem areas" like my mummy tummy and bat wings are still there, lol. However, they look a lot better than when I first started. And I am shrinking all over, so it's just a matter of continuing along until I get my body fat lower. I'd say it was probably around 8 weeks in that I really started noticing changes in my body. Keep it up!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Hmmm I find physique changes to be verrrrrrrrrrry slow. I can only tell the differences in my physique over a period of 2-3 months with pictures, otherwise I'd think there had been no progress. But the year-to-year progress is definitely big :smile:
  • jollyrj2
    jollyrj2 Posts: 22 Member
    So, patience is the key. Sounds like 2ish months before some see results.

At NicoleAshley - when you say second round.. do you mean you completed the full program and then you started again? That's GREAT progress with the loss of pounds and BF%. Nice!
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Yep, I am currently in the very loose belly, upper hip, and inner thigh stage. However, my arms, back, and lower thighs are coming along nicely.
  • jollyrj2
    jollyrj2 Posts: 22 Member
    Good to know others experience the loose skin feel and that this is a normal thing as it's been really discouraging.
  • nicoleashley_24
    nicoleashley_24 Posts: 144 Member
    Yes, I was really successful the first time doing the entire program and enjoyed it, so I thought a second go would be okay. :) Thank you!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    I lift heavy - compound lifts - and it usually seems like every four to six weeks I see changes...
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Don't forget to take pictures. I still have a hard time seeing any changes in the mirror, but when I compare my pics to those from a few months ago I see the change.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    It takes time and dedication. It won't happen in 90 days like many promise, it can take awhile but don't give up. Your eating is going to play in here too and not sure how large of a deficit you have, but bigger is not better when you want to body recomp.
  • csm2010
    csm2010 Posts: 11 Member
    I'm on week 12 of the LiveFit program. I took photos at the end of each month. Thank goodness I did- I was thinking the program wasn't working, but when I looked at the pictures I saw the difference. it was around 8 weeks that I was able to think "damn, I got muscle!" haha. But stick it out.
    I'm going to finish this last week and then start the program over (I'll add HIIT x 4 days a week during phase 1) and THIS time I'll take the importance of diet seriously. It's been a learning process and I know understand a bit more about food and it's importance. I didn't calculate macros at ALL until 1 week ago : ( I thought I was being "healthy."
    But stick it out and watch your diet! Check your macros and get in enough calories and protein.