Calories out

So because I understand this site and machines over estimates calories used I have only recorded 50% of readings....does this sound right.

Replies

• rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    That's fine or you can log them as it is. However, just eat back 50% of it.
  • James1935
    James1935 Posts: 37 Member
    Thanks!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Calories in and calories out are estimates. So my advice is to just plug what you feel is reasonable, try it out for a few weeks and if it isn’t working, tweak it. Fifty percent seems reasonable to start.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Guessing at burn is a system. If you are weighing all solid foods, measuring all liquids, and close to accurate at logging your intake you can then approximate your burn based on your weekly loss. If you set your weekly loss at X pounds and you're close with accurate intake logging, then your burn estimates are close. If you're losing faster than planned with fairly accurate logged intake, then you're under estimating your burn. If you're losing slower ... you're overestimating your burn.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    I'm for logging them as is and then eating at 50% for a period. I discovered that I lost faster than MFP said I should over a two-month period. Now I eat 75% and l will adjust again if I have to.
  • James1935
    Thanks everyone
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    I usually don't log my exercise and just consider the calories burned an added bonus. I don't eat back my exercise calories.
  • James1935
    MFP has me set at 1200 calories a day....I am 53 yr old female 5'2"...exercise 90 minutes a day so 1200 seems low for me.