American Sign Language or Spanish??

Options
kp7665
kp7665 Posts: 19 Member
I'm trying to decide which language to take for my next semester at college. I'm an elementary education major with a minor in psychology. Which language do you think would be the most beneficial/most sought/after, etc.?

I've heard sign language is hard but worth it, and I've had Spanish before but not really in depth or anything worth mentioning.

OPINIONS PLEASE!!!

Replies

• ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm in my seventh year of teaching. Spanish! If you have any Spanish skills at all in practically any state at all it can help you get a job. In fact while you are in college see if you can complete all of the classes to get an ESL endorsement when you get your teaching certification. In most school districts that can get you an automatic bump in pay.
  • kp7665
    kp7665 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in my seventh year of teaching. Spanish! If you have any Spanish skills at all in practically any state at all it can help you get a job. In fact while you are in college see if you can complete all of the classes to get an ESL endorsement when you get your teaching certification. In most school districts that can get you an automatic bump in pay.

Oh wow, that's awesome! And just clarifying for anyone that might not get it, I mean American Sign Language and Spanish (espanol), not Spanish sign language :smile: