Favorite Cookbook ?

Options
Alwayssohungry
Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
What's your favorite Cookbook for your new way of eating. I am loving the Eating Well cookbooks - a nice variety or foods, flavors and cooking methods.

Replies

• javajunco
    javajunco Posts: 81
    Options
    Favorite cookbooks are "How to cook everything vegetarian" by Mark Bittman, and "Vegetarian cooking for everyone" by Deborah Madison.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    It's not a cookbook. It's a whole series of cookbook. But the earliest ones are the best. The Cooking Light cookbooks from Southern Living. My favorites are the 1987 and 1988 cookbooks. So many receipes I use from those 2 books, and have for over 25 years, whether trying to lose weight or not. Simply because they are good food. And they are always good for you.

My favorites: Honey Lime Marinated Flank Steak, Ginger Grilled Pork Chops, Grecian Grilled Chicken (which is the menu this week), Lemon Linguine, Lime Turkey Cutlets just to name a few.

You'd have to go to eBay or Amazon to get them used. But they are certainly well worth it. And a great resource for MFP members.
  • zytah
    zytah Posts: 153
    Options
    any crockpot books. for me its not about a new way of eating, its about finding time to make a good meal for the family. usually we get take out or eat out of the box, into the oven/stove foods. with the crockpots I can just dump everything in the pot in the morning, turn it on and not have to worry about it by dinner time.
  • Alwayssohungry
    Options
    any crockpot books. for me its not about a new way of eating, its about finding time to make a good meal for the family. usually we get take out or eat out of the box, into the oven/stove foods. with the crockpots I can just dump everything in the pot in the morning, turn it on and not have to worry about it by dinner time.

Cooks Illustrated - Slow Cooker Revolution - Probably the most perfect cookbook for Crock-pots
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    A New Way to Cook Light from the Cooking Light magazine people.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Another one I would recommend would be the American Heart Association cookbook. Good low fat cookbook.
  • Alwayssohungry
    Options
    It's not a cookbook. It's a whole series of cookbook. But the earliest ones are the best. The Cooking Light cookbooks from Southern Living. My favorites are the 1987 and 1988 cookbooks. So many receipes I use from those 2 books, and have for over 25 years, whether trying to lose weight or not. Simply because they are good food. And they are always good for you.

My favorites: Honey Lime Marinated Flank Steak, Ginger Grilled Pork Chops, Grecian Grilled Chicken (which is the menu this week), Lemon Linguine, Lime Turkey Cutlets just to name a few.

I have a subscription to Cooking Light and my mom gets the cookbooks - I lend her the Eating Well and she lends me Cooking Light. Both scrumptious... The honey lime marinated flank steak may be on the menu very soon.

Thank you for the reminder
  • zytah
    zytah Posts: 153
    Options

Cooks Illustrated - Slow Cooker Revolution - Probably the most perfect cookbook for Crock-pots

I will put that on my list! thanks!
  • ihammen
    ihammen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I stopped buying cookbooks, because there are usually just a few recipes in one out of the whole book that sound like something I'd actually cook. Instead I use Pinterest now. I have different categories, such as healthy food for low cal, low fat foods, and desserts for really decadent foods, for when I have more people to help us eat it, so there are no leftover, and I can still have one serving of something ooey, gooey rich. And yum for regular meals such as chicken, pot roasts, etc. I know when I go to my Pinterest account, everything there is something I want to eventually try.
  • malliexo
    malliexo Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Not a cookbook but a website. I love skinnytaste.com
  • Lind140
    Lind140 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    So glad you brought up cookbooks, I've been cleaning out my cookbook collection
    and donating them to the library. I've been collecting for years and most of them were
    really wothless, my old and still favorite is the WW Homestyle cookbook. Written by
    members and leaders, it has a lot of down to earth recipes, easy to make and good for you.
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Better Homes and Gardens mags are good.