I eat about 600-800 cal per day

Options
2»

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    You're 19, you want to lose 13 pounds, and if you're losing 1kg per week, that's just over 2 pounds. If you can lose 2 pounds per week and only be looking to lose 13 total, you might be setting your weekly goal too aggressively. Be realistic about your expectations. Eat more and get your nutrition. If you feel weak, you're not doing it right.

I agree, let's not diagnose eating disorders here. Who here wasn't impatient and uninformed about this sort of thing at 19?

Thus she's being told to seek professional help. The fact that she IS only eating 800 calories a day states the problem. No one is going to sugar coat this, as this young lady needs help.

So what if they came back with, "oh shoot I knew there was something off about eating so little. Here I've set my account to 1600 cals and will start eating that amount". Do they still need an ED counsellor to sort that out?

But hey maybe this is just semantics because I think your statement would have been perfectly fine if you had said "you may need to see a counsellor about a possible eating disorder". But could be too sugar coated for you, though!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

I agree, let's not diagnose eating disorders here. Who here wasn't impatient and uninformed about this sort of thing at 19?

I don't know what they are teaching in schools these days, but I sure as hell knew at age 19 that I needed to eat more than 800 calories.

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I am closing the current thread. MFP does not allow starvation diets on the forum.

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal. A growing list of support resources can be found in our Eating Disorder Resources page.
This discussion has been closed.