Is this right?

Options
I've just jumped on the scales and lost another 2lbs after a boozy night 5-6 glasses of red wine and hours of dancing. Is this true weight loss? I can't quite believe it. My scales are brand new and digital. I jumped off and an a few times and the reading was the same each time. I'm in shock but over the moon

Replies

• janeybean30
    janeybean30 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hate to say it but you probably just dehydrated..
  • primrose2572
    primrose2572 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    That's what I was thinking. I've drunk more than that in the past and have never been lighter the next day that's why I threw the question out there. Oh well onwards and upwards.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Yes it's your true weight right at that moment.
    Drink two pints of water and weigh yourself again - that will be your true weight as well.

In other words you are probably dehydrated and weight loss does not always equal fat loss.

It's a good lesson for when you get to goal weight and maintenance, your weight fluctuates from day to day so you will need a goal range of weight and not one fixed number.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!