Polar loop, Polar App

Options
Hi,
I can see that there is an app now for polar, however when I click on the connect button. this comes up in the address bar fi.polar.polarflow://connectmfp/ , in the main page it says,"The webpage cannot be displayed"

So I decided to try and connect through my mobile phone and tablet. I can not find polar app, it is not listed at all in the app and devices page on my phone or tablet. Am I missing something?

Replies

• shilpabharatan
    Options
    I am facing the same issue. Could someone please resolve this. Thanks a bunch
  • fatumnex
    fatumnex Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem. I sent a message to Tech support and they told me that for now the only available devices that are able to link the Polar Flow app and MFP are devices that have the iOS operating system. If you are using a Windows or Android based device, there is no support for this at this time and they are "working hard" to add support to these devices... I have personally been waiting since they announced the ability to connect Polar Flow app with MFP... I bought a Polar Loop just for this reason...
  • vegwrangler
    vegwrangler Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    It works great directly on the iPhone with the Polar App installed!
  • IsabellaNancy
    Options
    Aggghh...I bought the Polar M400 and I was so excited to start using it.
  • maiden_helen
    maiden_helen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Still waiting POLAR and MFP. How much longer. Please. Was looking at a IPhone this weekend. But was also looking at fit it.
  • prinscharon
    prinscharon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am facing the same problem, hope they fix it very soon
  • hrdragon
    hrdragon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue today. Hope it is fixed soon.
  • danielbowne
    danielbowne Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Why does this not work as supposed? One of the reasons why I purchased the M400. Not a huge deal to manually enter my workouts, sure would be nice if it functioned properly like other devices.
  • dcjrz
    dcjrz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    OMG, I'm glad I found these messages....I also keep trying.....why do they even put the Polar as an option they should remove it until it is ready.....
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    yeah i tried mine over and over a couple weeks ago... and gave up
    I just enter my exercise manually, much easier and less time consuming than figure out what is wrong here
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    My exercise and calorie burn sync with MFP the only issue is that they always come over as Running (jogging) 9 mph. Even if I specify in the Polar app what the actual workout was. I just put in the comments of MFP what I actually did so when I look back I'll know.
  • musicpie
    musicpie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is extremely frustrating! I bought a new Polar A300 today for the very reason they said it would auto sync with My Fitness Pal! If I had known it was not possible, I would not have spent the extra money as I have been entering manually for several years now. Come on MFP! You can do better! Either fix the app where it syncs with Android or at least save people the trouble from searching on the forums for the answer to why it doesn't work AND wasting money in the process!
  • Jassy0247
    Jassy0247 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is frustrating! I can't calculate my calories properly! Please fix the link!
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Jassy0247 wrote: »
    This is frustrating! I can't calculate my calories properly! Please fix the link!

But maybe the issue is on the Polar side and not MFP?

• morion79
    morion79 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I wrote Polar and I guess nobody cares
  • jaxjackjackie
    jaxjackjackie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Grrrrrrr, are you serious? 50% of the reason I just dropped my hard earned $$$ on the A300 is because the polar website boasts it syncs with MFP. Not happy at all.
  • estrellamaya6
    estrellamaya6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of you!!! If the app doesn't work for all the devices or PC's, both companies should say it. But the saddest thing is that neither MFP nor Polar reply to these comments. I thought (perhaps wrongly) that US companies offered better customers' services than those of my own country where I live...
    I hope both firms fix this problem, as users have reported it since March, at least.
    (Sorry if my English spelling is not completely right.)
  • Jon2001
    Jon2001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Here it is the new year, and still no joy. I found a related page on the Polar.com website, and it says the same thing, iOS only (http://www.polar.com/en/support/how_can_i_connect_myfitnesspal_account_with_flow_app).
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    It's odd MFP hasn't responded.

In my experience, Polar does not have good customer service. I was on my second HRM and when it started having connectivity problems (information from chest strap to watch) they said it was because I wasn't getting the chest strap sensors wet enough. I guess I just forgot how to do that after ten years of using Polar. (Note sarcasm.)

I switched to Garmin--have never been happier. :smiley:
  • manu82
    manu82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I sold my Sony SWR30 and bought Polar a360 just to get it to sync with myfitnesspal.....F**k!!!