Four pound fluctuation

Options
Really discouraging four pound fluctuation from last week through this one. Last week, down four pounds and this week up four pounds. I'm up this week despite workouts, though I did go seriously over at least one day this week. 124.0 to 128.8 in a week. It's either TOM or I seriously went over in calories. Maybe I didn't log it as accurately. I'm not that far from my GW so I'm easing up a little, I'd dropped 4 pounds fast within two weeks before that...I will tighten up the diet more this week, and continue to go hard on the workouts... but would just prefer not to fluctuate so wildly from week to week. This happen to anyone else?

Replies

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    You'd have to be over by something like 14000 calories for it to be all fat. I seriously doubt that's happened.

When you're close to goal weight, it doesn't come off as easily. Give it at least another week or two before really being concerned, but do make sure you're still logging accurately. If TOM should be right around the corner, I'd wait till it's come and been gone at least a week - that should mean your body has leveled out.

Plenty of people here mention that they fluctuate 8-10 pounds in a DAY so I wouldn't worry too much about 4 pounds in a week's time. Just keep an eye on things and keep logging!

~Lyssa
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thank you Lyssa for the reassurance :)
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I know, I know...it's tough. Last week I only lost .2 and today I'm up a pound. It's hard because you think, "But I'm doing the work. I'm doing everything right." But it is SO NORMAL for this to happen. Most people go through this quite a bit during their weight loss journey. Hang in there and just keep "doing things right". General downward trend over time...that's what you're looking for.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Thank you Lyssa for the reassurance :)

You're welcome :)

If you aren't, I HIGHLY recommend recording your weight so you can see the trend over time - another member here suggested trendweight.com and I've found it immensely helpful. It shows you your weight over time and projects what will happen based on the current information it has. Mine looks like it's plateauing at the moment, but that time of the month is right around the corner for me so I'm not concerned, yet. If my weight doesn't start going back down a week after that's come and gone, I may lower my calories by 100/day since the MFP estimate for me might be off.

I've read a bunch of posts here with people that say they follow their plan to a T (precise logging, continuing their exercise routine if they have one) and see NOTHING for weeks. Then after 4 weeks or so, suddenly 2-4 pounds vanish.

I've decided that our bodies are just selfish jerks and don't want to let go of the weight they have :)

~Lyssa