50lbs in 5 Months - Pics

Options
BL_Mark
BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
I started using MFP during the second week of January, but didn't purchase a scale until February 1st. It took me a day to build the courage to actually step on the scale and to my shock and horror I weighed 350lbs. I've been sitting behind a desk for the past 13 years as a graphic designer. When I started I was 20 and could eat what I wanted, when I wanted... now... not so much.

564557_10150596892177541_496712881_n_zps2dd26dcc.jpg

309549_10150306359777541_1765750810_n_zps5df14ff2.jpg

230099_729675188645_1091246_n_zps51055e53.jpg

About a month after I got the scale, I purchased an elliptical from Walmart and set it up in the basement. I was sweating buckets just getting it down into the basement. First time I got on it I thought I was gonna die after 5 minutes. But the following night I got back on and did 8 minutes... and then again I doubled my time. By the second week I was up to 25 minutes. Two weeks ago I joined the gym across the street and have been hitting it hard!

I took this pic on Monday of this week
da41c26e-a366-4ecd-be8e-898f62768982_zps8e0c88f1.jpg

This is the same shirt in the above pic with my daughter... only it's buttoned and tucked in!
923096_584713561553602_25392233_n_zps4a4cf0ad.jpg

Here are the rules I've lived by for the past 5 months:
There's no such thing as a cheat day!
Log everything every day!
My food diary is public because I want to be 100% honest with myself
I'm not starving myself or dieting!..... this is a lifestyle change
I'm eating healthy and eating less!
I still drink beer and eat pizza... but in moderation
I'm a snacker... plain and simple. I like to snack. So I've had to learn what are good, healthy snacks that I enjoy.
I've learned what my weaknesses are and where my limits are.

It's great to have friends here on MFP, but it's even better to have a solid support group outside of the internet. My friend here at work has lost 30 pounds and we challenge each other all week long. My wife is my greatest motivation. This is the thinnest she's ever seen me and she's the thinnest I've ever seen here. She began her journey in March when we got our tax return and we had some extra $$$ for her to join the Curves Complete Program. Since then she's lost 32lbs.

Anyway.... thanks for reading... I'll post another progress pic when I've lost 100... my goal is 180lbs which was my high school senior weight. Honestly, I'd be happy with an even 200.

Replies

• djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    way to go!! that is pretty amazing! :)
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation, already! Keep up the great work...you've got this!!!! Congrats!!
  • Tonya0605
    Tonya0605 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Great post! Keep it up!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    You are doing great, and it looks like you're the lucky type of person who loses weight everywhere. Look how much narrower your entire body is.
  • birditheword
    Options
    this is amazing, such an inspiration!
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Great job my man! Keep on it!
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hey. I know that guy!

You got this man!
  • kimmiedunne
    kimmiedunne Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Keep up the great work!
  • Erodahs
    Erodahs Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good job man, pretty much the same philosophy here as well with the diary and it's not a diet and what not, keep it up =)
  • Okisweetpea
    Okisweetpea Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! You motivated me to keep going! Keep up the good work and you will get there!
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Good for you bud! Keep it up.
  • davidlo421
    davidlo421 Posts: 144
    Options
    Well done, keep up the good job..
  • VanCityFit
    VanCityFit Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Good job! Keep up the great work!!!
  • kizzyb1977
    kizzyb1977 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Excellent job!!
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Great Success! and great rules to a healthy lifestyle -- not a diet! Looking forward to the next wave of pictures!
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Very reasonable rules! You will be very successful following those guidelines!! Thanks for sharing - you are doing great.
  • BL_Mark
    BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody... and I'm NO inspiration!!!... lol I'm just a fat dude trying buy jeans off the regular shelf instead of the big & tall section!! I'm not a hardcore health-nut, I don't work out every day like I'd want because life gets in the way. Do I beat myself up over it?!?!... Sure DO! But that's life. Plain and simple

Thanks again for all your words of encouragement. It means a lot!

-Mark
  • loves03
    loves03 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Very nice! Keep it up :)
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB KEEP IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Fabulous job! I have a lot of the same beliefs in "lifestyle and dieting"

My diary is open because I want to be held accountable, not hide what I'm doing.
    There are NO cheat days - only days when you go over and then you bust your butt working it off!
    YES I still eat whatever I want, as long as I have room in the calories and if not, then I work it off!

Keep up the good work. You can see the difference and I bet you feel great too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!